As I noted below, some readers cannot view graphics on my site. Apparently, the culprit is Norton antivirus software (and possibly several other antivirus programs). Reader David Moschetti recommends the following fix for those of you running Norton Internet Security:
1. Click on the Privacy Control option.
2. Select Configure.
3. Select Advanced.
4. Select Add Site.
5. Enter michellemalkin.com.
6. Highlight the michellemalkin.com site by selecting it in the Web Content Options.
7. Deselect all the Use default settings.
8. Set the following options to
a. Information about your Brower = Permit
b. Information about visited sites = Permit
c. Animated images = Permit
d. Scripts = Permit
e. Flash animation = Permit
9. Select Ok
10. Refresh or go to your site and the graphics should appear.
If this doesn’t work, please let me know.
Allahpundit (whose site I miss very much) had similar problems earlier this year.
Many, many thanks to all of the readers who responded to my plea for help.
Update: One reader says the fix described above doesn’t work. I’d be interested in hearing from others using Norton antivirus software. Others point to their firewalls as the source of the problem. Am opening up comments for further discussion.
Update II: Another reader writes:
I had the same problem with Norton Internet Security 2004 blocking your graphics. The problem is in the Ad Blocker feature. Manually editing the sites you want does not always work.
There is a “Web Assistant” wizard that is added to the Internet Explorer tool bar when NIS 2004 is installed. Simply go to your web site and click on the “Web Assistant” button and de-select “Block ads on this site” and “Block pop-ups on this site” and bingo…it will load properly.
Check out the comments and this thread for additional ideas. Wish I could give a definitive answer, but this is the best I can do.
Another update: SAnother reader says he had problems with Zone Alarm. The solution he found was:
[madmimi id=111506] blog comments powered by Disqus
1. Open the Zone-Alarm control panel by left clicking the zone alarm icon.
2. Left click on program control.
3. Left click on programs.
4. Scroll down the list until you find the browser name and icon.
5 right click on the browser name. a panel opens up with options on it.
6. left click on the options selection.
7. find the filter options. (enable privacy for this program) uncheck the box. click ok at the bottom of theselection box, and refresh on your browser. your graphics should appear.
April 11, 2013 12:11 PM by Michelle Malkin
February 22, 2012 12:44 PM by Michelle Malkin
December 24, 2011 02:07 PM by Michelle Malkin
March 6, 2011 10:37 PM by Michelle Malkin
February 21, 2011 10:35 AM by Michelle Malkin