By Michelle Malkin  •  December 8, 2004 05:07 AM

My column today is on Army deserter Jeremy Hinzman, who wants refugee status in Canada. He brought in former Marine-turned-crackpot Jimmy Massey a.k.a. John Kerry, Jr., to testify that our soldiers are a bunch of evil war criminals.

An interesting tidbit on Hinzman’s website (every war dodger has one these days). He notes that his family members “have been generally supportive of our decision to come to the great white north. The notable exception is my grandfather who, although vehemently opposed to the Bush regime and its war, has notions of duty that prevent him from supporting what we have done. He takes the view that I signed a contract and I need to honor it.”

Damn straight.

Update: One of many Canadian readers weighs in.

Thank you for stating so succinctly what many Canadians feel about our country being a haven for American cowards. We bristle at the thought (and thankfully it is only a thought!)of American ex-patriot celebrities’ post-election exodus to Canada, and we’ve tolerated many draft dodgers for years. Can we arrange to have one of us move to the U.S. for every American that comes here? Where can I sign up?

Posted in: John Kerry

This will give John Kerry a long face: Ayatollah Khamenei bans further negotiations with US

October 7, 2015 08:32 PM by Doug Powers

“Deal partner” backs away

Hey look, Obama was right… the 1980’s ARE calling

September 30, 2015 09:10 PM by Doug Powers

Anybody seen the re-set button?

Another day, another ‘Obama administration caught off guard by…’ story

September 29, 2015 10:11 AM by Doug Powers

Didn’t see that one coming… again

Leave it to Obama to turn Iran ‘death to America’ chants into an economics lecture

September 28, 2015 09:25 PM by Doug Powers

“Death to America” is the Iranian job-creation equivalent of Solyndra, according to Obama

Remember when the WH promised nuke deal meant Iran would be ‘straight outta uranium’? Good times (a Sunday open thread)

September 13, 2015 09:54 AM by Doug Powers

Plus: Feminist choir sings Hillary’s praises (step aside, Jesus)