***scroll for updates…translations coming in***
If you read nothing else today, make sure to go to this site.
There will be a press conference about the documents today at 1:30pm EST:
TODAY, Thursday, March 16, Senator Rick Santorum (R-PA), Chairman of the Senate Republican Conference, and Congressman Pete Hoekstra (R-MI), Chairman of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, will comment on the release of Iraqi documents, including photos and tapes, that today have been made publicly accessible to the world. Senator Santorum and Congressman Hoekstra have worked aggressively to get the trove of documents seized from the Saddam Hussein and Taliban regimes released so the world can see for itself what those regimes stood for. Both congressional leaders believe that these documents are not only of historical significance but can help remind the world that we are fighting a global war on terror. Senator Santorum and Congressman Hoekstra both offered legislation requiring the release of the captured documents and photos. These documents come from a collection of some 2 million exploitable items captured in post-war Iraq and Afghanistan. The United States has had these documents for four years. They have not been publicly available during this time.
How about an Army of Davids to translate and process the info?
Debate at RedState.
Flashback: AJStrata – Unleash the blogosphere
Flashback: Pajamas Media documentarian Andrew Marcus interviews Rep. Hoekstra Feb. 16 about the docs: “They ought to be put on the Internet…unleash the power of the ‘net on these 55,000 boxes of documents to see exactly what went on…Let the blogosphere go!”
In the Name of God the Merciful
Presidency of the Republic
To the respectful Mr. M.A.M
Our source in Afghanistan No 11002 (for information about him see attachment 1) provided us with information that that Afghani Consul Ahmad Dahestani (for information about him see attachment 2) told him the following:
1. That Osama Bin Laden and the Taliban in Afghanistan are in contact with Iraq and it that previously a group from Taliban and Osama Bin Laden group visited Iraq.
2. That America has proof that the government of Iraq and Osama Bin Laden group have shown cooperation to hit target within America.
3. That in case it is proven the involvement of Osama Bin Laden group and the Taliban in these destructive operations it is possible that American will conduct strikes in Iraq and Afghanistan.
4. That the Afghani Consul heard about the subject of Iraq relation with Osama Bin Laden group during his stay in Iran.
5. In light of this we suggest to write to the Commission of the above information.
Please view… Yours… With regards
Signature:……, Initials : A.M.M, 15/9/2001
Foot note: Immediately send to the Chairman of Commission
Steve Hayes, who got the ball rolling here.
Michael Barone, Why Do Democrats Fear the Al-Qaida/Saddam Relationship?
Saddam’s terror training camps
April 14, 2013 11:48 AM by Doug Powers
January 25, 2013 04:16 PM by Doug Powers
June 6, 2013 01:28 PM by Doug Powers
January 28, 2013 10:00 AM by Michelle Malkin
Which movie will she blame this time? Susan Rice to brief Congress about Syria on one-year anniversary of Benghazi
September 9, 2013 09:54 AM by Doug Powers