Air Force reader Daniel e-mails this story of a milestone the MSM won’t commemorate:
Air Mobility Command passed a major milestone Nov. 19, when an AMC aircraft flew the command’s one millionth sortie since September 11, 2001.
The landmark flight was a C-17 mission flown to Manas Air Base, Kyrgyzstan. The crew was from the 62nd Airlift Wing’s 10th Airlift Squadron, McChord AFB, Wash.
“AMC is firmly in the fight,” said Gen. Arthur Lichte, AMC commander. “Whether it’s flying airlift, tanker or aeromedical missions in and out of combat zones in Iraq and Afghanistan, humanitarian relief missions to hurricane and earthquake ravaged areas, or supporting UN peacekeeping missions as it did recently in Darfur, AMC is there.”
“This milestone is a tribute to the men and women who fly, maintain, support and control these aircraft. The excellence they demonstrate every day will no doubt continue for the next million missions, wherever they may be,” said Lichte.
Did you know:
– About every 90 seconds a mobility aircraft lifts off somewhere in the world.
– Since Sept. 11, 2001, AMC tankers have passed nearly 1.2 billion gallons of fuel to U.S. and allied aircraft.
– AMC airlift is keeping about 12,000 people and almost 5,000 trucks off Iraqi roads each month, helping to defeat the enemy’s IED strategy.
– AMC aircraft are responsible for transporting the nation’s senior leaders, including the president.
– AMC is rushing about 12 Mine Resistant Ambush Protected vehicles to Iraq and Afghanistan every day. The command has delivered more than 1,000 MRAPs.
– AMC aeromedical crews provide timely airlift and medical care to their fellow warriors, rapidly moving injured service members from the battlefield to the U.S.
It’s still the Thanksgiving weekend. Keep these men and women on your list of things to be grateful for every day.blog comments powered by Disqus
Cute: ‘Old school journalists’ concerned Gayle King jeopardized MSM objectivity by partying with Obamas
April 21, 2017 01:07 PM by Doug Powers
Motive sure to stump many after several people killed in Fresno by suspect who hated ‘white devils’ and shouted ‘Allahu akbar’
April 18, 2017 06:28 PM by Doug Powers
Former Obama adviser routinely not based in fact: These surveillance allegations have no basis in fact
April 4, 2017 12:25 PM by Doug Powers
April 4, 2017 10:22 AM by Doug Powers
April 2, 2017 10:23 AM by Doug Powers