So, the ACLU is busy mobilizing sympathy for Guantanamo Bay detainees. They’ve declared tomorrow–the sixth anniversary of the arrival of Gitmo detainees–a “Wear Orange” day in their continued bid to shut down the enemy combatant facility and show solidarity with suspected terrorists:
JANUARY 11, 2008, is the six-year anniversary of the first arrival of prisoners at Guantánamo Bay.
On January 11, we are calling on everyone opposed to torture and indefinite detention to WEAR ORANGE to symbolize their sadness and disgust with the national shame that is Guantánamo Bay.
Based on 291 unclassified summaries of detainee records that contained evidence that the detainee directly participated in or supported hostile acts, the researchers found:
• 56 individuals admitted to fighting the U.S. or Coalition forces
• 104 individuals were found to have manned the front lines
• 9 individuals were found to have participated in a bombing operation, improvised explosives device (IED) attack or other explosives-involved operation
• 98 individuals were found to have directly participated in, or supported the planning or plotting of, a combat operation.
• 3 individuals were found to have purchased weapons for the furtherance of committing hostile acts.
• 21 individuals were found to have engaged in ‘other’ hostile activities.
As I pointed out last summer, the Bush administration unwisely presided over a mass release of Saudi Gitmos detainees that non-moonbat Democrats should have lambasted. But they’re all too busy lobbying to release the entire Gitmo population faster.
Will any Dems wear orange tomorrow?
How about Mike Huckabee, who shares the ACLU’s position (and al Qaeda’s, for that matter) on shutting down the facility because of its “symbolism?”
This would be another good issue to raise at tonight’s GOP debate in South Carolina.
One blogger suggests wearing green as a counter-protest.blog comments powered by Disqus
Allow Obama to describe how his admin’s denial about terrorists’ motivations has kept US homeland safe
December 7, 2016 02:36 PM by Doug Powers
May 18, 2016 08:35 PM by Doug Powers
April 13, 2016 07:59 AM by Doug Powers
Let the people go: Obama commutes 61 drug, firearm sentences and will spring a dozen more from Gitmo
March 30, 2016 09:11 PM by Doug Powers
BS detector overload: WH says Cuba will have no say over which dissidents Obama talks to during visit
March 5, 2016 05:15 AM by Doug Powers