So, the ACLU is busy mobilizing sympathy for Guantanamo Bay detainees. They’ve declared tomorrow–the sixth anniversary of the arrival of Gitmo detainees–a “Wear Orange” day in their continued bid to shut down the enemy combatant facility and show solidarity with suspected terrorists:
JANUARY 11, 2008, is the six-year anniversary of the first arrival of prisoners at Guantánamo Bay.
On January 11, we are calling on everyone opposed to torture and indefinite detention to WEAR ORANGE to symbolize their sadness and disgust with the national shame that is Guantánamo Bay.
Based on 291 unclassified summaries of detainee records that contained evidence that the detainee directly participated in or supported hostile acts, the researchers found:
• 56 individuals admitted to fighting the U.S. or Coalition forces
• 104 individuals were found to have manned the front lines
• 9 individuals were found to have participated in a bombing operation, improvised explosives device (IED) attack or other explosives-involved operation
• 98 individuals were found to have directly participated in, or supported the planning or plotting of, a combat operation.
• 3 individuals were found to have purchased weapons for the furtherance of committing hostile acts.
• 21 individuals were found to have engaged in ‘other’ hostile activities.
As I pointed out last summer, the Bush administration unwisely presided over a mass release of Saudi Gitmos detainees that non-moonbat Democrats should have lambasted. But they’re all too busy lobbying to release the entire Gitmo population faster.
Will any Dems wear orange tomorrow?
How about Mike Huckabee, who shares the ACLU’s position (and al Qaeda’s, for that matter) on shutting down the facility because of its “symbolism?”
This would be another good issue to raise at tonight’s GOP debate in South Carolina.
One blogger suggests wearing green as a counter-protest.
May 8, 2015 04:34 AM by Michelle Malkin
February 22, 2015 09:54 AM by Doug Powers
February 6, 2015 06:57 PM by Doug Powers
February 5, 2015 08:40 PM by Doug Powers
Obama still unclear on ideological motivations of ISIS (aka ‘this organization’) after latest act of barbarism
February 3, 2015 09:47 PM by Doug Powers