GOP revival: Twittering the House revolt; Hoekstra: “Our voices can’t be shut down”

By Michelle Malkin  •  August 1, 2008 03:32 PM

Scroll for updates…

My main post on the House GOP revolt is here and I’ll keep updating it. But I’m breaking out a separate post on the Republicans’ very savvy use of Twitter to circumvent the Democrat blackout and overcome the absence of C-SPAN cameras– and their outreach to conservative blogs to spread the word.

This is the change we’ve been waiting for, Beltway GOP.

Finally!

As I mentioned earlier today, John Culberson is Twittering the speeches on the floor.

So is Pete Hoekstra, who reports that GOP Rep. Mike Rogers spoke in his shorts. Heh. More:

Mike Rogers (Mi). Speaking in shorts. Heard what we were doing. Came back. He wanted to be a part of it. 19 minutes ago from TwitterBerry

Standing applause for last speaker. People on the floor cheering wildly. They love it. They’re into it. 25 minutes ago from TwitterBerry

For other updates or tweets check johnculberson. 28 minutes ago from TwitterBerry

A lot of policeman assembling off of floor. What does that mean? House is full. 29 minutes ago from TwitterBerry

Thanks for tweeting with me. Thanks for new technology. Real shame Speaker turned off lights, mikes, C span. Our voices can’t be shut down. 38 minutes ago from TwitterBerry

Let’s have more leadership like this, and less Leftist mimickry and capitulation to the global warming alarmists.

If you lead

Hey, C-SPAN: Turn the cameras back on!

Update: Speaking of C-SPAN, they’ve linked up Rep. Culberson’s Twitter page on their website, as well as his Qik video.

~ For the latest breaking news, be sure to join Michelle's Email List:
Posted in: GOP

Rep. Jason Chaffetz: Romney’s the man in 2016

July 8, 2014 06:51 AM by Doug Powers

insanit

Confirmation?

Obama responds to Republican threats over WH bypassing Congress: ‘So sue me’

July 2, 2014 08:52 PM by Doug Powers

obamasueme

Legacy building

This media mindset is why the IRS scandal isn’t ‘mainstream’ news

June 26, 2014 07:57 AM by Doug Powers

mediabias

No victim, no crime?

Faces of bipartisanship: Awkward photo op at Congressional Gold Medal ceremony

June 24, 2014 03:33 PM by Doug Powers

harryreid1

Hands across a Koch obsession

This should be a GOP ad: Dems defend IRS against missing emails scrutiny, apologize to commissioner

June 21, 2014 10:13 AM by Doug Powers

leaveirsalone1

Fighting for the “little people”