From a Hill source, here’s an e-mail from a Senate Democrat interior decorator who’s already measuring the drapes and gathering office design suggestions. Your tax dollars at work:
From: Rainey, Judy (Lautenberg)
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 6:24 PM
Subject: Accessorizing your office
I am collecting ideas on different (and inexpensive) ways to accessorize your office with pictures, photos, plants, etc. Here are some ideas that I’ve heard of, but if you have any other ideas, please email them to me and I’ll add them to the list. Also, as you can see from the list, I am missing some information. If you can fill in the blanks, that would be much appreciated.
1. Get the Photo Studio ((SD-G85? Has this been moved to the CVC?) – 224-6000 – https://photoweb.senate.gov/photologin/Default.asp) to print some of your digital pictures and have them framed at the Frame Shop (SD-G82 – 224-0602).
2. Botanic Gardens (226-4786 or 225-8333) will supply plants to your office.
3. The Library of Congress has on-line images (will print off or download for free?) of Senators, courthouses, etc., that can be framed at the Frame Shop.
4. National Gallery will loan some copies of art to your office. (Contact name and phone number?)
5. The Department of the Navy (and Army, etc.?) will loan items to your office. Congressional Liaison offices:
a. Army – SR-183 – 224-2881
b. Navy – SR-182 – 224-4682
c. Air Force – SR-182 – 224-2481
6. Copies of maps from the Library of Congress Geography & Map Division? 227-MAPS
Judy Kimmitt Rainey
Deputy Chief of Staff
Senator Frank R. Lautenberg
January 10, 2013 11:20 AM by Doug Powers
October 23, 2013 09:29 AM by Michelle Malkin
Mass illegal alien amnesty violates our founding principles; Update: 14 15 Rs join Ds on Porker-Hoeven cloture vote
June 24, 2013 02:54 AM by Michelle Malkin
Obama weekly address: Congress must act now to stop the ‘Republican’ sequester that I insisted be included in that bill I signed
February 23, 2013 07:30 PM by Doug Powers
January 31, 2013 12:54 PM by Michelle Malkin