Senate Democrats play Home and Garden

By Michelle Malkin  •  October 30, 2008 01:34 PM

From a Hill source, here’s an e-mail from a Senate Democrat interior decorator who’s already measuring the drapes and gathering office design suggestions. Your tax dollars at work:

From: Rainey, Judy (Lautenberg)
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 6:24 PM
Subject: Accessorizing your office

I am collecting ideas on different (and inexpensive) ways to accessorize your office with pictures, photos, plants, etc. Here are some ideas that I’ve heard of, but if you have any other ideas, please email them to me and I’ll add them to the list. Also, as you can see from the list, I am missing some information. If you can fill in the blanks, that would be much appreciated.

1. Get the Photo Studio ((SD-G85? Has this been moved to the CVC?) – 224-6000 – https://photoweb.senate.gov/photologin/Default.asp) to print some of your digital pictures and have them framed at the Frame Shop (SD-G82 – 224-0602).

2. Botanic Gardens (226-4786 or 225-8333) will supply plants to your office.

Information at http://senate.aoc.gov/Senate-Services/Programs/USBG-Foliage-Plant-Program.cfm

3. The Library of Congress has on-line images (will print off or download for free?) of Senators, courthouses, etc., that can be framed at the Frame Shop.

4. National Gallery will loan some copies of art to your office. (Contact name and phone number?)

5. The Department of the Navy (and Army, etc.?) will loan items to your office. Congressional Liaison offices:

a. Army – SR-183 – 224-2881
b. Navy – SR-182 – 224-4682
c. Air Force – SR-182 – 224-2481

6. Copies of maps from the Library of Congress Geography & Map Division? 227-MAPS

Judy Kimmitt Rainey
Deputy Chief of Staff
Senator Frank R. Lautenberg

Posted in: Uncategorized

Salesmanship fail: Rep. Patrick Murphy channels his inner Neville Chamberlain to pitch Iran deal

August 31, 2015 08:57 PM by Doug Powers

Honesty is the best policy

Super Sunday open thread: I’m just in it for the food this year

February 1, 2015 02:29 PM by Doug Powers

Plus whatever else you want to talk about

Hypocrisy whopper: Warren Buffett helps finance Burger King’s US tax reduction

August 26, 2014 10:24 AM by Doug Powers

“Economic patriotism”

The novels of Carole Malkin

August 15, 2014 01:51 PM by Michelle Malkin

Screen Shot 2014-08-15 at 3.53.07 PM

Obama admin/Israeli relations summed up in one photo

July 23, 2014 08:31 PM by Doug Powers