You reek: Letter from a D.C. tourist to Harry Reid

By Michelle Malkin  •  December 2, 2008 01:39 PM

Reader Dave forwarded me the e-mail he just sent to Harry Reid:

I recently read this quote of your… “My staff tells me not to say this, but I’m going to say it anyway,” said Reid in his remarks. “In the summer because of the heat and high humidity, you could literally smell the tourists coming into the Capitol. It may be descriptive but it’s true.”

As a visitor to the Senate and a history buff I am insulted by your remarks. They clearly show you are not worthy of your position and should resign. The Senate under your leadership has been a farce and when I am lucky enough to take my children on a tour someday I will tell them the story of the ignorant Dem leader who thinks that American taxpayers touring the Capital should be walled off from Senators because in the Washington heat and humidity they smell.

So much for Government of the people, by the people and for the people.

Maybe if you were capable of doing any real work you might smell a little and it would be good for you.

You, sir, are the one who stinks.

Dave Fredrick

Reminder: He’s said it before!

Posted in: Harry Reid

Harry Reid given the retirement salute he so richly deserves, courtesy of Sen. Tom Cotton

May 26, 2016 08:40 PM by Doug Powers

wrestling

Slammed

Jackass/Counterjackass: Harry Reid debates Harry Reid about Senate’s constitutional responsibility

March 24, 2016 08:05 PM by Doug Powers

reidfist

It’s on!

Harry Reid gearing up to sue Senate Republicans for copyright infringement?

February 16, 2016 09:14 AM by Doug Powers

washingtonfacepalm

Founding Father facepalm

Shades of Grayson: How big of a hypocritical weasel do you have to be for Harry Reid to call you ‘disgraceful’?

February 12, 2016 01:24 PM by Doug Powers

clintonreid1

Grayson makes the needle spin clean off Reid’s trusty “moral compass”

Stump the WH: So Josh Earnest, how many mass shooters have been on the ‘no-fly’ list you’re so obsessed with?

December 10, 2015 06:42 PM by Doug Powers