I can’t say I’ll miss Crybaby George Voinovich

By Michelle Malkin  •  January 11, 2009 10:52 PM

Boo hoo.

Ohio GOP Sen. George Voinovich is scheduled to announce tomorrow afternoon his decision to retire from the Senate.

When I think of George Voinovich, I think of his inane blubbering about the shamnesty debacle. Blubber, blubber.

I think of his crusading for the massive auto bailout.

And I think of his mortifying meltdown in opposition to John Bolton’s UN ambassador nomination in 2005, which prompted embarrassed conservatives to start a “Console George” campaign to send him tissues.

Remember?

DLTDHYOTWO, Crybaby George. You represent some of the worst aspects of the Republican Party. Won’t be missed:

Sources close to Sen. George Voinovich, R-Ohio, tell CNN he will announce Monday he is retiring from the Senate.

The 72-year-old senator and former Ohio governor has been contemplating retirement for a while but made his final decision this weekend in Florida, where he was joined by his wife, children and grandchildren, according to one of the sources.

Voinovich plans to serve out his term, which expires in 2010.

He plans to make the announcement at 4 p.m. ET Monday in Washington, the source said.

(link)

Posted in: GOP

No, ma’am: When you boo Barbara Boxer & Hillary Clinton, you’re booing America! (Sunday open thread)

May 15, 2016 09:50 AM by Doug Powers

berniewiccan

Plus: Standing with Bernie to the end

Perfect: Obama informs Trump that running for prez isn’t ‘entertainment’ or a ‘reality show’

May 6, 2016 09:57 PM by Doug Powers

obamagreek

There’s no room for cheesy showmanship in something as serious as a presidential run!

Hoosier haymakers? Indiana primary open thread; UPDATE: Cruz drops out, Sanders upsets Clinton

May 3, 2016 11:29 AM by Doug Powers

trumpknight

Oh what a Knight

Trump wins all 5 Tuesday primaries, Hillary pours hot sauce on Bernie’s chances

April 26, 2016 08:51 PM by Doug Powers

trumpprimary

Inevitable?

New York primary open thread & Hillary’s hot sauce taste test; Update: Trump, Clinton win

April 19, 2016 11:47 AM by Doug Powers

hillaryhotsauce

Available in “mild pander” and “extra hot pander”