I can’t say I’ll miss Crybaby George Voinovich

By Michelle Malkin  •  January 11, 2009 10:52 PM

Boo hoo.

Ohio GOP Sen. George Voinovich is scheduled to announce tomorrow afternoon his decision to retire from the Senate.

When I think of George Voinovich, I think of his inane blubbering about the shamnesty debacle. Blubber, blubber.

I think of his crusading for the massive auto bailout.

And I think of his mortifying meltdown in opposition to John Bolton’s UN ambassador nomination in 2005, which prompted embarrassed conservatives to start a “Console George” campaign to send him tissues.

Remember?

DLTDHYOTWO, Crybaby George. You represent some of the worst aspects of the Republican Party. Won’t be missed:

Sources close to Sen. George Voinovich, R-Ohio, tell CNN he will announce Monday he is retiring from the Senate.

The 72-year-old senator and former Ohio governor has been contemplating retirement for a while but made his final decision this weekend in Florida, where he was joined by his wife, children and grandchildren, according to one of the sources.

Voinovich plans to serve out his term, which expires in 2010.

He plans to make the announcement at 4 p.m. ET Monday in Washington, the source said.

(link)

Posted in: GOP

Trump wins all 5 Tuesday primaries, Hillary pours hot sauce on Bernie’s chances

April 26, 2016 08:51 PM by Doug Powers

trumpprimary

Inevitable?

New York primary open thread & Hillary’s hot sauce taste test; Update: Trump, Clinton win

April 19, 2016 11:47 AM by Doug Powers

hillaryhotsauce

Available in “mild pander” and “extra hot pander”

Dems’ CO2 alarmism leaves Ted Cruz breathless; Bernie Sanders uses private charter for Rome trip, exhaling all the way (Open thread)

April 17, 2016 08:56 AM by Doug Powers

menu

Being a socialist “for the people” doesn’t mean you can’t eat like a King!

Michael Moore graciously informs GOP-controlled states how to keep his movies out

April 12, 2016 09:51 PM by Doug Powers

michaelmoore

You’re gonna need a better “threat”

‘Art of the Deal’ author blasts Cruz campaign’s deal-making in Colorado delegate sweep (a Sunday open thread)

April 10, 2016 09:16 AM by Doug Powers