Here’s a handy list of Generational Theft Act pork and other abominable buried treasures to pass out to your friends and family. One glaring omission, though: Add in the $200 billion-plus government-guaranteed mortgage entitlement championed by Sens. McConnell, Graham, and Ensign.
Kill the bill. Stab it. Stick a fork in it. Then start over:
* $2 billion earmark to re-start FutureGen, a near-zero
emissions coal power plant in Illinois that the Dept. of Energy
last year because the project was inefficient
* A $246 million tax break for Hollywood movie producers to
buy motion picture film
* $650 million for the digital television (DTV) converter box
* $88 million for the Coast Guard to design a new polar
icebreaker (arctic ship)
* $448 million for constructing the Dept. of Homeland
* $248 million for furniture at the new Dept. of Homeland
* $600 million to buy hybrid vehicles for federal employees
* $400 million for the CDC to screen and prevent STD’s
* $1.4 billion for a rural waste disposal programs
* $125 million for the Washington, D.C. sewer system
* $150 million for Smithsonian museum facilities
* $1 billion for the 2010 Census, which has a projected cost
overrun of $3 billion
* $75 million for “smoking cessation activities”
* $200 million for public computer centers at community
* $75 million for salaries of employees at the FBI
* $25 million for tribal alcohol and substance abuse
* $500 million for flood reduction projects on the
* $10 million to inspect canals in urban areas
* $6 billion to turn federal buildings into “green” buildings
* $500 million for state and local fire stations
* $650 million for wildland fire management on Forest Service
* $150 million for Smithsonian museum facilities
* $1.2 billion for “youth activities,” including youth summer
* $88 million for renovating the headquarters of the Public
* $412 million for CDC buildings and property
* $500 million for building and repairing NIH facilities in
* $160 million for “paid volunteers” at the Corporation for
National and Community Service
* $5.5 million for “energy efficiency initiatives” at the VA
“National Cemetery Administration”
* $850 million for Amtrak
* $100 million for reducing the hazard of lead-based paint
* $75M to construct a new “security training” facility for
State Dept Security officers when they can be trained at
of other agencies.
* $110 million to the Farm Service Agency to upgrade computer
* $200 million in funding for the lease of alternative energy
vehicles for use on military installations.
* IDEA, Part B State Grants: Formula grants to assist the
States in meeting the excess costs of providing special
related services to children with disabilities.
* IDEA Infants and Families: Formula grants to the
States to assist them in making early intervention services
children with disabilities aged birth through 2 and their families.
* State Medicaid Bailout: $87.7 billion Through 3 different
mechanisms, the bill would provide additional federal funds to
Medicaid programs over the next 3 years. This is nearly $70
than the governors asked President Obama for in December, and
should be a
loan to be repaid by the states.
* Eliminates fees on loans from the Small Business
Administration, thus pushing private capital toward unproductive
and away from productive businesses.
* Increases the definition of “youth” for certain summer job
programs from age 21 to age 24.
* $160 million to the Job Corps program at the Dept. of
Labor, but not for job programs – rather, to construct, alter or
* Requires a government study on the impact of minimum wage
laws on the Northern Mariana Islands and American Samoa.
* $79 billion State Fiscal Stabilization (slush) Fund to
bailout the States by providing billions of dollars for
“education” costs of
* $47.843 billion is appropriated for a variety of energy
programs that are primarily focused on renewable energy
energy conservation/efficiency. Not one dollar is appropriated
fossil fuels more affordable in the near future. More than $6
these funds go to environmental clean ups.
* Increases eligibility for “weatherization” assistance to
households 200 percent above the poverty level.
* The “Making Work Pay” credit of $500 to every individual
making less than $75,000 (or $1000 to couples making $150,000 or
pay people whether they are productive or not – akin to welfare.
* The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP – food
stamps) would temporarily suspend the 3-month limit for
to receive SNAP benefits, thus giving incentives not to find a job.
* Installs government as the creator of broadband
deployment regardless of whether the specific local/regional
* Funds new “green jobs” job-training program without
eliminating inefficient job-training programs or consolidating
* $890 million to the Social Security Administration
without any provisions to reduce improper payments, or any plan
solvency of the trust fund.
* Nothing requires the products that are purchased with these
funds be here in America. Lithium ion batteries, for instance, are
primarily made in Asia.
More: The inevitable lard-up, thanks to the lobbyists.
Update: 4:15pm Eastern. Sen. Coburn on the Senate floor now calling for removal of Hollywood stimulus. Max Baucus defending. Lamely.blog comments powered by Disqus
April 2, 2013 02:11 PM by Doug Powers
Mass. Senate debate video: Scott Brown challenges Elizabeth Warren about alleged Native American heritage
September 21, 2012 09:53 AM by Doug Powers
Obama administration to contractors: Hold off announcing layoffs until after the election and taxpayers will cover your fines and costs
September 29, 2012 04:36 PM by Doug Powers
U.S. ambassador to U.N. agrees with Jay Carney: Middle East protests not premeditated and weren’t directed at United States
September 16, 2012 03:42 PM by Doug Powers
CNN’s Crowley and company eat crow on Benghazi water-carrying for Obama; Update: Michelle Obama applauded Obama/Crowley tag-team
October 17, 2012 12:06 AM by Michelle Malkin
Green Room» Video: Former IRS commissioner isn’t quite sure if targeting scheme violated American values
Gay Patriot» Spike of Gay-Bashings in NYCcity whose mayor seeks to limit our means of self-defense
Green Room» Cleveland hero gets free burgers for life
Green Room» Coming soon: The 3-D pizza printer
Gay Patriot» This morning’s Obama scandal news
Daily Caller» Obama to high school classmate: ‘You are extremely sweet and foxy’
Daily Caller» Moore, Okla. students reunite with classmates [VIDEO]
Gay Patriot» Let’s Help The Dogs of Oklahoma City!