President Obama told a student reporter last month that he would be making an address to schoolchildren on September 8:
ServiceWire has the announcement and broadcast schedule for the speech.
The Daily Paul picked up the story last week and linked to teachers’ manuals pegged to Obama’s address, which have now been linked on Drudge.
The documents have a heavy activist bent:
During the Speech:
• As the President speaks, teachers can ask students to write down key ideas or phrases that are important or personally meaningful. Students could use a note-taking graphic organizer such as a Cluster Web, or students could record their thoughts on sticky notes. Younger children can draw pictures and write as appropriate. As students listen to the speech, they could think about the following:
What is the President trying to tell me?
What is the President asking me to do?
What new ideas and actions is the President challenging me to think about?
• Students can record important parts of the speech where the President is asking them to do something. Students might think about: What specific job is he asking me to do? Is he asking anything of anyone else? Teachers? Principals? Parents? The American people?
• Students can record any questions they have while he is speaking and then discuss them after the speech. Younger children may need to dictate their questions.
After the Speech:
• Teachers could ask students to share the ideas they recorded, exchange sticky notes or stick notes on a butcher paper poster in the classroom to discuss main ideas from the speech, i.e. citizenship, personal responsibility, civic duty.
• Students could discuss their responses to the following questions:
What do you think the President wants us to do?
Does the speech make you want to do anything?
Are we able to do what President Obama is asking of us?
And most recently: Census collection.
Will Obama be able to resist issuing a call to youth arms to marshal help in passing his legislative agenda?
The thing is: He won’t need to make the call explicit.
Obama zealot teachers like this one across the country will do all the extra-curricular bullying and haranguing for him. Remember:
Harris:We want to talk about the presidential election. I want to ask you, who are you pulling for? Raise your hand.
Harris: You pullin for Obama. Who you pullin for?
Harris:Any of you pullin for John McCain? That’s fine, say him as well.
[Cathy, the daughter of an American soldier answers McCain.]
Harris:John, oh lord, John McCain.
Oh Jesus, John McCain.
Ok, now I wanna axe you somethin.
Why are you pullin for John McCain? It’s ok, but why are you pullin for John McCain?
Cathy: I thinks it’s because my parents are going for him too.
Harris: Ok, your parents are going for him. Why are you pullin for Ba-RACK. Barack.
Student: I just want a black president sometimes.
Ok, you want a black president.
Student: The reason why I want Barack Obama is because he’s making good changes in the good country and stuff like that.
Harris: So, he’s making good changes for our country. Now can you tell me just a little bit more, like what type of changes?
Like not having big fights between Iraq and having soldiers killed.
So in other words, Barack is going to end that war in Iraq. What do you all know about that war in Iraq?
[Harris addresses Kathy] Talk, cause yo daddy in the military. Talk. It’s a senseless war! And by the way, Cathy, the person that you’re picking for president said that our troops could stay in Iraq for another hundred years if they need to!
[Camera pans to Cathy, in near tears.]
Harris: So that means that your daddy could stay in the military for another hundred years!
Reason number 999,999,965 to take control of your own children’s education.blog comments powered by Disqus
Durbin, Obama close Dem convention in prime 10-11 p.m. slot; Biden to serve as encore to Here Comes Honey Boo Boo
September 6, 2012 08:02 PM by Doug Powers
July 17, 2012 03:09 PM by Michelle Malkin
Change: Obama’s convention speech moved from 73,000 seat outdoor stadium to 20,000 seat indoor arena
September 5, 2012 10:39 AM by Doug Powers
August 6, 2012 04:45 PM by Doug Powers
The $2 million ‘immigration reform’ speech: Obama flying from DC to Las Vegas for address at a high school, then flying back to DC
January 29, 2013 11:52 AM by Doug Powers
Gay Patriot» Scandal news
Daily Caller» Late Hits
Daily Caller» ‘Anchorman 2′ trailer: Jesus, Jay-Z and Ron Burgundy [VIDEO]
Daily Caller» Security experts warn government is making the Internet unsafe
Green Room» Feelgood video of the day
Gay Patriot» David Gregory update
Green Room» IRS To Pro-Life Groups: You Know You’re Gonna Have To Give Up This Whole Protest Thing, Right?
Green Room» Two House Dems demand Lerner resignation after using lobbyist to stage modified limited hangout