President Obama told a student reporter last month that he would be making an address to schoolchildren on September 8:
ServiceWire has the announcement and broadcast schedule for the speech.
The Daily Paul picked up the story last week and linked to teachers’ manuals pegged to Obama’s address, which have now been linked on Drudge.
The documents have a heavy activist bent:
During the Speech:
• As the President speaks, teachers can ask students to write down key ideas or phrases that are important or personally meaningful. Students could use a note-taking graphic organizer such as a Cluster Web, or students could record their thoughts on sticky notes. Younger children can draw pictures and write as appropriate. As students listen to the speech, they could think about the following:
What is the President trying to tell me?
What is the President asking me to do?
What new ideas and actions is the President challenging me to think about?
• Students can record important parts of the speech where the President is asking them to do something. Students might think about: What specific job is he asking me to do? Is he asking anything of anyone else? Teachers? Principals? Parents? The American people?
• Students can record any questions they have while he is speaking and then discuss them after the speech. Younger children may need to dictate their questions.
After the Speech:
• Teachers could ask students to share the ideas they recorded, exchange sticky notes or stick notes on a butcher paper poster in the classroom to discuss main ideas from the speech, i.e. citizenship, personal responsibility, civic duty.
• Students could discuss their responses to the following questions:
What do you think the President wants us to do?
Does the speech make you want to do anything?
Are we able to do what President Obama is asking of us?
And most recently: Census collection.
Will Obama be able to resist issuing a call to youth arms to marshal help in passing his legislative agenda?
The thing is: He won’t need to make the call explicit.
Obama zealot teachers like this one across the country will do all the extra-curricular bullying and haranguing for him. Remember:
Harris:We want to talk about the presidential election. I want to ask you, who are you pulling for? Raise your hand.
Harris: You pullin for Obama. Who you pullin for?
Harris:Any of you pullin for John McCain? That’s fine, say him as well.
[Cathy, the daughter of an American soldier answers McCain.]
Harris:John, oh lord, John McCain.
Oh Jesus, John McCain.
Ok, now I wanna axe you somethin.
Why are you pullin for John McCain? It’s ok, but why are you pullin for John McCain?
Cathy: I thinks it’s because my parents are going for him too.
Harris: Ok, your parents are going for him. Why are you pullin for Ba-RACK. Barack.
Student: I just want a black president sometimes.
Ok, you want a black president.
Student: The reason why I want Barack Obama is because he’s making good changes in the good country and stuff like that.
Harris: So, he’s making good changes for our country. Now can you tell me just a little bit more, like what type of changes?
Like not having big fights between Iraq and having soldiers killed.
So in other words, Barack is going to end that war in Iraq. What do you all know about that war in Iraq?
[Harris addresses Kathy] Talk, cause yo daddy in the military. Talk. It’s a senseless war! And by the way, Cathy, the person that you’re picking for president said that our troops could stay in Iraq for another hundred years if they need to!
[Camera pans to Cathy, in near tears.]
Harris: So that means that your daddy could stay in the military for another hundred years!
Reason number 999,999,965 to take control of your own children’s education.blog comments powered by Disqus
Of course: Public schools to close due to ‘Day Without Women’ protest, Betsy DeVos still expected to show up for work
March 7, 2017 10:10 AM by Doug Powers
December 14, 2016 04:12 PM by Doug Powers
December 13, 2016 10:28 AM by Doug Powers
May 16, 2016 09:31 PM by Doug Powers
Full circle legacy: Former DHS director J-Nap doling out millions of taxpayer dollars to ‘undocumented students’ at UC
May 12, 2016 09:24 PM by Doug Powers