Solitaire-playing lawmakers defend their “momentary diversion”

By Michelle Malkin  •  September 2, 2009 04:31 AM

Yesterday, I pointed you to the time-wasting politicians in the Connecticut legislature who were caught playing solitaire and watching baseball during debate on the state’s budget.

A Connecticut House Democrat spokesman sent the following statement to Fox News Channel producer Lee Kushnir after she saw my blog post and asked about State Democrats Barbara Lambert and Jack Hennessy’s extra-curricular activities captured in the Hartford Courant newspaper.

Classic CYA:

Our members have discussed and debated the state budget for seven months, culminating in yesterday’s marathon, 13 hour budget session. With little new ground being broken, and the results of the upcoming vote a reasonable certainty, a momentary diversion is understandable. Both representatives insist there was no intent to disrespect the minority leader during his presentation.

Regards,
Doug Whiting
Communications Director
Connecticut House Democrats

I bet Connecticut voters are more than a wee bit curious about how “momentary” those “momentary diversions” really have been.

Posted in: Democrats,Idiots

With friends like these: Iran deputy foreign minister welcomes Harry Reid’s Senate filibuster intention

August 30, 2015 09:32 AM by Doug Powers

harryreid

For the filibuster before he was against it before he was for it again

Lincoln Chafee dooms candidacy after reminding DNC crowd he’s been scandal-free for 30 years

August 28, 2015 04:28 PM by Doug Powers

noyoudidnt

Final nail in campaign coffin driven

Latest CMP video: Stem Express CEO proves that baby organ trafficking can be a laughing matter

August 25, 2015 11:37 AM by Doug Powers

stemexpress1

50 livers a week or bust.

Total coincidence: Biden meets with Fauxcahontas; Hillary interrupts Hamptons vacation to campaign (Sunday open thread)

August 23, 2015 08:29 AM by Doug Powers

hillarybiden

Game change?

Categories: 2016 Campaign, Barack Obama, Corruption, Democrats, Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden