Massachusetts Miracle: Election night liveblog; Update: BROWN WINS, COAKLEY CONCEDES; Brown victory speech cheers: “41!41!41!”

By Michelle Malkin  •  January 19, 2010 08:03 PM

The shot heard ’round the world

Scroll for updates…The Tea Party comes full circle

The polls just closed in Massachusetts, so I’m starting a fresh thread.

A few live resources you’ll want to bookmark tonight:

*Pollster.com is liveblogging here.

*73Wire.com is livestreaming from Brown HQ here.

*RedMassGroup is liveblogging here.

*MyFoxBoston has live results here.

I’ll also continue to update the voter fraud thread with any breaking developments.

While we wait for the results, I wanted to share a wonderful e-mail from Nancy Ockers, who made this sign that I’ve been posting the past few days:

(Photo via R.S. McCain)

Nancy writes:

Hi Michelle-

My husband just saw the picture of our sign on your website. It is the hand painted sign saying Put Scott Brown in the People’s Seat. I made it with my 9 year old son who carried it in a rally for Scott Brown here in Middleboro, Massachusetts. We were thrilled that you liked it!

I just wanted to let you know a little about that sign. I am 41 years old and have never in my life helped out in a political campaign. I was so repulsed by the behind the scenes dealing with the terrifying health care bill that I simply had to act. When I heard about the Nebraska Medicaid deal, I immediately contacted Scott Brown’s campaign and volunteered to make phone calls. Scott Brown seems to be a smart, rational, even keeled person who will represent our state well in Washington. I am enthusiastically waiting for the polls to close!

Since his campaign ran out of printed signs (due to high demand), we made our own! If those in Washington are concerned about what happened in Massachusetts, they can thank Sen. Nelson.

Several readers have also requested that I re-post that rousing “Massachusetts Miracle” video. You got it:

Update 8:13pm Eastern. Rasmussen did an Election Night survey of 1,000 voters. Preliminary findings:

* Among those who decided how they would vote in the past few days, Coakley has a slight edge, 47% to 41%.
* Coakley also has a big advantage among those who made up their mind more than a month ago.
* Seventy-six percent (76%) of voters for Brown said they were voting for him rather than against Coakley.
* Sixty-six percent (66%) of Coakley voters said they were voting for her rather than against Brown.
* 22% of Democrats voted for Brown. That is generally consistent with pre-election polling.

Update 8:30pm Eastern. Early, early results are in. AP has Brown 52% Coakley 47%, with 116 of 2168 precincts reporting.

Update 9:07pm Eastern
. 60 percent reporting, Brown up by 7 percent.
A few swing towns have swung Brown’s way, including Leicester and Ashland.

Town-by-town votes are here.

Update 8:56pm Eastern. With 36% precincts in, Brown is up 52-47.

Update: 9:31pm Eastern. Traffic was overwhelming and both MM.com and HotAir.com went down. We’re back up and as you’ve heard by now, Brown has won the race and Coakley has conceded, and there are more long faces at MSNBC than at an aardvark convention.

Sweet, sweet victory.

Update 10:03pm Eastern. Coakley gives her concession speech. Because this time, she can’t phone it in. She’s barely mustering enough energy to speak. Coakley says her dogs are very happy about the outcome. In a strange tribute to her campaign workers, she calls them her “extended dysfunctional family.”

She ended her speech: “The dream lives on.” Or rather, her delusions of grandeur.

Update 10:35pm Eastern. Brown speaks. “I bet they can hear this cheering all the way in Washington, D.C!”

Crowd cheers: “41! 41! 41!”

“This seat belongs to no one person. It is the people’s seat. I’m ready to go to Washington without the delay.”

Full prepared remarks here.

Obama cronyism + your personal data = trouble

July 29, 2015 06:13 AM by Michelle Malkin

Hey AP, you spelled ‘Democrats’ wrong in this story about foundering O-care state exchanges

July 27, 2015 07:54 PM by Doug Powers

trainwreck

Blaming “taxpayers” for the epic fail

Feel the Bern: Prog conference-goer clues in Sanders about Obamacare irony

July 19, 2015 10:27 AM by Doug Powers

sanders

He helped build that

Obama admin: Honor the spirit of Independence Day by convincing your family this gov’t mandate is awesome; Updated

July 3, 2015 06:55 AM by Doug Powers

founders

“We hold these mandates to be self-evident”

Open thread: Obamacare renamed ‘SCOTUScare’ for good reason