Sorry to be a wet blanket, but someone has to do it.
President Bush put America on the proper war footing after 9/11 and deserves much credit for doing so, but he also:
1) joined with open-borders progressives McCain and Kennedy to try to force shamnesty down our throats;
2) massively expanded the federal role in education;
3) championed the Medicare prescription drug entitlement using phony math;
4) kowtowed to the jihadi-enabling Saudis;
5) stocked DHS with incompetents and cronies;
6) pushed Hillarycare for housing;
8. nominated crony Harriet Myers to the Supreme Court;
9) pre-socialized the economy for Obama by embracing TARP, the auto bailouts, the AIG bailout, and in his own words:
“I’ve abandoned free-market principles to save the free-market system.”
— George W. Bush
No, I don’t miss having a corporate socialist Republican in the White House any more than I like having a corporate socialist Democrat in the White House now.
December 14, 2014 11:53 AM by Doug Powers
May 3, 2014 11:33 AM by Doug Powers
March 4, 2014 11:01 AM by Doug Powers
Has Matt Damon eaten his shoe yet over his ‘never been in a public school’ claim about the Bush family?
November 16, 2013 01:21 PM by Doug Powers
June 12, 2013 02:01 PM by Doug Powers