It’s About Time the Government Created an Agency to Look Out For Us!

By Doug Powers  •  June 25, 2010 03:31 PM

**Written by guest-blogger Doug Powers

When announcing the passage of the Dodd/Frank “financial reform” bill — a fix authored by the same people who helped get the financial system majorly FUBAR in the first place — President Obama really eased my fears when he said this:

We’ll put in place the toughest consumer financial protections in our history, while creating an independent agency to enforce them. Through this agency, we’ll combine under one roof the consumer protection functions that currently are divided among half a dozen different agencies. Now there will be one agency whose sole job will be to look out for you.

Oh good! This president’s generosity knows no bounds. Finally, my very own government agency to look out for me!

Obama’s timing is impeccable. Just this morning I was saying to my wife, “You know honey, I just don’t feel like the IRS, EPA, DMV, DOT, HUD, DOE, FBI, CIA, HHS, DHS, SSA, ATF, DOL, DOJ, DOS, DOI, FTC, FDA, EEOC, NSA, TSA and OSHA are keeping nearly as close an eye on us as they should. If only there were an attentive government agency to watch over and protect us.”

Ask and ye shall receive:

(h/t Townhall)

**Written by guest-blogger Doug Powers

Smart Power™ update: Obama admin expresses ‘disgust’ at latest move by Iranian partners in peace

February 10, 2016 08:33 PM by Doug Powers

kerry9

State Dept. readying obligatory strongly worded letter, James Taylor

While the focus was on New Hampshire, SCOTUS knocked the teeth out of Obama’s Clean Power Plan

February 10, 2016 07:58 AM by Doug Powers

obamaskyrocket

Necessary skyrocketing of energy prices put on hold

Circle of life: Former attorney general appears in ad supporting Dem candidate under FBI investigation

February 3, 2016 07:48 AM by Doug Powers

holder3

Supreme Court Justice audition tape, take one!

The Day After the Day After Tomorrow: Leo DiCaprio to produce ‘post apocalyptic’ climate change film

February 2, 2016 09:45 PM by Doug Powers

goreleo

Meanwhile, script for “Hypocrite-World” unlikely to get Hollywood green-light

Historic deal partner update: Obama admin blasts ‘unconscionable’ Iran medal ceremony

February 2, 2016 11:32 AM by Doug Powers

kerryplane

And the medal for gullibility goes to…