It’s About Time the Government Created an Agency to Look Out For Us!

By Doug Powers  •  June 25, 2010 03:31 PM

**Written by guest-blogger Doug Powers

When announcing the passage of the Dodd/Frank “financial reform” bill — a fix authored by the same people who helped get the financial system majorly FUBAR in the first place — President Obama really eased my fears when he said this:

We’ll put in place the toughest consumer financial protections in our history, while creating an independent agency to enforce them. Through this agency, we’ll combine under one roof the consumer protection functions that currently are divided among half a dozen different agencies. Now there will be one agency whose sole job will be to look out for you.

Oh good! This president’s generosity knows no bounds. Finally, my very own government agency to look out for me!

Obama’s timing is impeccable. Just this morning I was saying to my wife, “You know honey, I just don’t feel like the IRS, EPA, DMV, DOT, HUD, DOE, FBI, CIA, HHS, DHS, SSA, ATF, DOL, DOJ, DOS, DOI, FTC, FDA, EEOC, NSA, TSA and OSHA are keeping nearly as close an eye on us as they should. If only there were an attentive government agency to watch over and protect us.”

Ask and ye shall receive:

(h/t Townhall)

**Written by guest-blogger Doug Powers

White House finally agrees that a reinforced, heightened border fence increases security!*

April 28, 2016 06:40 PM by Doug Powers

borderfence

Mixed messages

Of course: Obama pitches release of prisoners as economic stimulus

April 25, 2016 05:54 AM by Doug Powers

obama19

Another Dem voter outreach

Eco-warriors Barack & Michelle Obama make sure Earth Day smells as much like jet exhaust as possible

April 22, 2016 05:09 AM by Doug Powers

jet_exhaust

Separate international flights we can believe in!

Obama didn’t consider Russian fighters simulating a strafing run on a U.S. ship worth mentioning to Putin?

April 18, 2016 09:56 PM by Doug Powers

russiajets

“Not particularly unusual”?

Dems’ CO2 alarmism leaves Ted Cruz breathless; Bernie Sanders uses private charter for Rome trip, exhaling all the way (Open thread)

April 17, 2016 08:56 AM by Doug Powers

menu

Being a socialist “for the people” doesn’t mean you can’t eat like a King!

Categories: Enviro-nitwits, Feature Story, global warming, Hollyweird, Barack Obama, Democrats, GOP