It’s About Time the Government Created an Agency to Look Out For Us!

By Doug Powers  •  June 25, 2010 03:31 PM

**Written by guest-blogger Doug Powers

When announcing the passage of the Dodd/Frank “financial reform” bill — a fix authored by the same people who helped get the financial system majorly FUBAR in the first place — President Obama really eased my fears when he said this:

We’ll put in place the toughest consumer financial protections in our history, while creating an independent agency to enforce them. Through this agency, we’ll combine under one roof the consumer protection functions that currently are divided among half a dozen different agencies. Now there will be one agency whose sole job will be to look out for you.

Oh good! This president’s generosity knows no bounds. Finally, my very own government agency to look out for me!

Obama’s timing is impeccable. Just this morning I was saying to my wife, “You know honey, I just don’t feel like the IRS, EPA, DMV, DOT, HUD, DOE, FBI, CIA, HHS, DHS, SSA, ATF, DOL, DOJ, DOS, DOI, FTC, FDA, EEOC, NSA, TSA and OSHA are keeping nearly as close an eye on us as they should. If only there were an attentive government agency to watch over and protect us.”

Ask and ye shall receive:

(h/t Townhall)

**Written by guest-blogger Doug Powers

Peer-reviewed study: Obama’s mixed messages contributing to climate change, mass confusion

September 1, 2015 10:19 AM by Doug Powers

obamaclosing

Spending ensues, no matter what (and that’s the important thing)

Peak pandering: Ahead of Alaska visit, Obama officially renames Mt. McKinley

August 31, 2015 07:48 AM by Doug Powers

obamapoint

“The mountain has spoken”

‘Degrade and ultimately destroy’ ISIS update: JV team ‘growing like crazy’

August 30, 2015 12:03 PM by Doug Powers

obamaisis1

Time to escalate the war on climate change

With friends like these: Iran deputy foreign minister welcomes Harry Reid’s Senate filibuster intention

August 30, 2015 09:32 AM by Doug Powers

harryreid

For the filibuster before he was against it before he was for it again

Thursday open thread: Hillary talks gun control in wake of Va. shootings; Pentagon conforms ISIS threat to match WH narrative

August 27, 2015 08:37 AM by Doug Powers