President Michelle Obama to Make 2nd Trip to Gulf in a Month

By Doug Powers  •  July 16, 2010 05:02 PM

**Written by guest-blogger Doug Powers

Did Michelle Obama assume the presidency while I wasn’t paying attention?

WASHINGTON (AP) — First lady Michelle Obama is returning to the Gulf region next week to meet with Coast Guard personnel in Mississippi who have been responding to the massive oil spill.
[…]
The first lady made her first oil spill trip to the region earlier this month when she visited Pensacola, Fla., and met with business and tourism officials.

Do you think the First Lady will wear the “oil spill chic” dress that she wore on her last trip to the Gulf?

null

Yikes. That’s like visiting a state that was devastated by a forest fire and arriving in a limo covered with flame decals.

Meanwhile, at a brief press conference in Maine today, Barack Obama said he would visit the Gulf “in the coming weeks.” Well, why go when the wife seems to have things under control now?

Incidentally, Obama got a hard hitting question at today’s press conference right off the bat:

All right. I’ll take just one or two questions. Go ahead.

Q: Did you feel the earthquake, Mr. President?

THE PRESIDENT: I didn’t

**Written by guest-blogger Doug Powers

Thursday open thread: Hillary talks gun control in wake of Va. shootings; Pentagon conforms ISIS threat to match WH narrative

August 27, 2015 08:37 AM by Doug Powers

hillarychillin

Just chillin’ in Opportunist-ville

EO signed by Obama in 2009 could doom Hillary’s ‘classified email’ excuses, but at least Biden is smiling

August 26, 2015 05:05 AM by Doug Powers

hillarypresser

BS alarm dies from exhaustion

Obama torches 20,000 gallons of gas to warn that ‘fossil fuel interests’ are conspiring against ‘clean energy’

August 24, 2015 09:10 PM by Doug Powers

solyndra-obama-3-1

Because it worked so well the first time

Total coincidence: Biden meets with Fauxcahontas; Hillary interrupts Hamptons vacation to campaign (Sunday open thread)

August 23, 2015 08:29 AM by Doug Powers

hillarybiden

Game change?

Categories: 2016 Campaign, Barack Obama, Corruption, Democrats, Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden