The Barack Obama Experience — Taxes: Bold as Love

By Doug Powers  •  September 7, 2010 10:26 PM

On Monday I wrote a bit about President Obama’s now semi-notorious “they talk about me like a dog” line that was supposedly improvised during a speech in Milwaukee.

As it turns out, some intrepid researchers are speculating that Obama might have been channeling a line from the Jimi Hendrix song “Stone Free.”

I was skeptical at first, but it kind of makes sense, because another line in that song is “I got to, got to, got to get away” — perfect for somebody who just came off several weeks worth of vacations.

Not only that, but the Hendrix song “Spanish Castle Magic” would cover the first lady’s Antoinette-esque trip to Costa del Sol.

“Hey Joe” creates a nice parallel with Vice President Biden, and “Purple Haze” has the SEIU written all over it.

If that’s not enough, Obama is left-handed, and so was Jimi. I’m officially creeped out!

If you’re still not convinced, consider the fact that Jimi Hendrix once also recorded a song called “I will not extend the Bush tax cuts” — or so I hear.

Posted in: Barack Obama,Music

Thursday open thread: Hillary talks gun control in wake of Va. shootings; Pentagon conforms ISIS threat to match WH narrative

August 27, 2015 08:37 AM by Doug Powers

hillarychillin

Just chillin’ in Opportunist-ville

EO signed by Obama in 2009 could doom Hillary’s ‘classified email’ excuses, but at least Biden is smiling

August 26, 2015 05:05 AM by Doug Powers

hillarypresser

BS alarm dies from exhaustion

Obama torches 20,000 gallons of gas to warn that ‘fossil fuel interests’ are conspiring against ‘clean energy’

August 24, 2015 09:10 PM by Doug Powers

solyndra-obama-3-1

Because it worked so well the first time

Total coincidence: Biden meets with Fauxcahontas; Hillary interrupts Hamptons vacation to campaign (Sunday open thread)

August 23, 2015 08:29 AM by Doug Powers

hillarybiden

Game change?

Categories: 2016 Campaign, Barack Obama, Corruption, Democrats, Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden