The Barack Obama Experience — Taxes: Bold as Love

By Doug Powers  •  September 7, 2010 10:26 PM

On Monday I wrote a bit about President Obama’s now semi-notorious “they talk about me like a dog” line that was supposedly improvised during a speech in Milwaukee.

As it turns out, some intrepid researchers are speculating that Obama might have been channeling a line from the Jimi Hendrix song “Stone Free.”

I was skeptical at first, but it kind of makes sense, because another line in that song is “I got to, got to, got to get away” — perfect for somebody who just came off several weeks worth of vacations.

Not only that, but the Hendrix song “Spanish Castle Magic” would cover the first lady’s Antoinette-esque trip to Costa del Sol.

“Hey Joe” creates a nice parallel with Vice President Biden, and “Purple Haze” has the SEIU written all over it.

If that’s not enough, Obama is left-handed, and so was Jimi. I’m officially creeped out!

If you’re still not convinced, consider the fact that Jimi Hendrix once also recorded a song called “I will not extend the Bush tax cuts” — or so I hear.

Posted in: Barack Obama,Music

Open thread: Obama era perfectly encapsulated in one sentence; Krauthammer nukes Hillary apologists

April 26, 2015 11:29 AM by Doug Powers

obamabeats

The Beats go on

Double dribblers at OFA toss up embarrassing desperation shot on ‘climate change’

April 22, 2015 09:10 PM by Doug Powers

obamabball

Settled science!

Doomsday is Nye: Obama and clown ‘scientist’ crop dust nation with 747 emissions for Earth Day

April 22, 2015 07:45 AM by Doug Powers

billnye

Look! Irony!

When Obama ‘success stories’ intersect: A ‘two-fer Tuesday’ of failed foreign policy brags

April 21, 2015 07:58 AM by Doug Powers

success

Re-set buttons en route for renewed “strategic patience” initiative?

Obama wants to remove Cuba’s terror-state designation because it’s been a few months since they sponsored any terrorism?

April 14, 2015 10:06 PM by Doug Powers

obamacastro

If you like your revolution, you can keep your revolution