Obama: US at War With ‘Sorry Band of Men’

By Doug Powers  •  September 12, 2010 06:48 PM

Yesterday I spent much of the day near Detroit at a family member’s wedding and reception. That means I got to visit with a couple of relatives I haven’t seen in a long time and spend some quality time with them sitting in a car in the parking lot listening to the Michigan/Notre Dame game, so I didn’t run across this gem until this afternoon:

“They may seek to spark conflict between different faiths, but as Americans we are not — and never will be — at war with Islam. It was not a religion that attacked us that September day — it was al-Qaeda, a sorry band of men which perverts religion. And just as we condemn intolerance and extremism abroad, so will we stay true to our traditions here at home as a diverse and tolerant nation.”

“A sorry band of men”? Only Barack Obama could make a murderous global Islamic terrorist organization sound like the Bay City Rollers.

That’s just one step away from “wascally wabbits” isn’t it?

Obama to SecDef: I’m gonna need you to go ahead and defeat ISIS by the time I leave office, mmmkay?

March 18, 2016 05:07 PM by Doug Powers

baracketology

A good executive knows how to delegate

Hillary Clinton settles on strategy of delusion: U.S. ‘didn’t lose a single person’ in Libya

March 14, 2016 10:01 PM by Doug Powers

benghazi

Tell yourself a lie often enough and eventually you’ll believe it

Obama calls for making America more secure by closing Gitmo and putting terror suspects in your backyard

February 23, 2016 11:35 AM by Doug Powers

obamabinocs

Smart Power™ never rests

Don’t make Obama come down there! Gitmo detainee refuses to leave

January 22, 2016 01:45 PM by Doug Powers

shawshank

“Shawshank Defense” in play

Can some reporter ask Hillary this question about a Benghazi-related email that runs counter to all the spin?

December 8, 2015 09:03 PM by Doug Powers

hillary

Simple yes or no answer would suffice

Categories: 9/11, Al Qaeda, Barack Obama, Feature Story, Hillary Clinton, Terrorist attacks