On August 20, I endorsed Christine O’Donnell for the Delaware Senate GOP primary race. As I said on Sean Hannity’s TV show last week in repeating that endorsement, she is certainly far from perfect (who is?). But I think nine terms are enough for duck-and-hide, cap-and-tax liberal Republican Mike Castle — and it looks like GOP primary voters in Delaware are coming to the same conclusion as the primary looms tomorrow. I repeat: Entrenched incumbency is not an argument for more entrenched incumbency.
Castle’s campaign questions O’Donnell’s trustworthiness. GOP primary voters need to question Castle’s. He was just one of two Republicans to vote for the $26 billion Edujobs/BigGovJobs bailout a few weeks ago. He supported the TARP bailout that benefited many of his political donors. And he is the co-founder of the George Soros-tied Republican Main Street Partnership — which, as I reported in 2005, successfully pressured the House GOP majority to cave in to enviros on the ANWR drilling ban. The Republican Main Street Partnership PAC supports ACORN-friendly, Big Labor-backing, tax-and-spend, abortion radicals in GOP clothing like Dede Scozzafava.
This isn’t “Main Street.” This is the road to progressive hell. We already have one too many shady Soros Republicans in the Senate — and John McCain doesn’t need any more company.
As I noted a few weeks ago, the stakes are raised — not just for Delaware, but for the nation — in this race because this is a special election for VP Joe Biden’s Senate seat. The next Senator from Delaware will serve the remaining four years of Biden’s term. Which means he or she will be seated immediately after election and will be in place to vote in any lame duck Senate session. Cap-and-tax is on the table for this session. From his record and from his radical enviro associations, we know what Castle would do in the name of “Republican Main Street” values to screw over not only Delawareans, but all taxpayers.
Nine terms are enough.
* Voted YES on enforcing limits on CO2 global warming pollution. (Jun 2009)
* Voted YES on tax credits for renewable electricity, with PAYGO offsets. (Sep 2008)
* Voted YES on tax incentives for energy production and conservation. (May 2008)
* Voted YES on tax incentives for renewable energy. (Feb 2008)
* Voted YES on investing in homegrown biofuel. (Aug 2007)
* Voted YES on criminalizing oil cartels like OPEC. (May 2007)
* Voted YES on removing oil & gas exploration subsidies. (Jan 2007)
* Voted YES on keeping moratorium on drilling for oil offshore. (Jun 2006)
* Voted YES on scheduling permitting for new oil refinieries. (Jun 2006)
* Voted NO on authorizing construction of new oil refineries. (Oct 2005)
* Voted NO on passage of the Bush Administration national energy policy. (Jun 2004)
* Voted NO on implementing Bush-Cheney national energy policy. (Nov 2003)
* Voted NO on raising CAFE standards; incentives for alternative fuels. (Aug 2001)
* Voted YES on prohibiting oil drilling & development in ANWR. (Aug 2001)
* Voted YES on starting implementation of Kyoto Protocol. (Jun 2000)
* Establish greenhouse gas tradeable allowances. (Feb 2005)
* Rated 33% by CAF, indicating a mixed record on energy independence. (Dec 2006)
* Sign on to UN Framework Convention on Climate Change. (Jan 2007)
* Supports immediate reductions in greenhouse gases. (Sep 1998)
* Voted YES on $2 billion more for Cash for Clunkers program. (Jul 2009)
* Voted YES on protecting free-roaming horses and burros. (Jul 2009)
* Voted YES on environmental education grants for outdoor experiences. (Sep 2008)
* Voted YES on $9.7B for Amtrak improvements and operation thru 2013. (Jun 2008)
* Voted YES on increasing AMTRAK funding by adding $214M to $900M. (Jun 2006)
* Voted NO on barring website promoting Yucca Mountain nuclear waste dump. (May 2006)
* Voted NO on deauthorizing “critical habitat” for endangered species. (Sep 2005)
* Voted YES on speeding up approval of forest thinning projects. (Nov 2003)
* Supports grants for brownfields remediation. (May 2002)
* Make EPA into a Cabinet department. (May 2002)
* Rated 70% by the LCV, indicating pro-environment votes. (Dec 2003)
* Strengthen prohibitions against animal fighting. (Jan 2007)
* Focus on results, not regulation. (Sep 1998)
Now for a health advisory. Internal debate on the Right is a good and healthy thing. But things have gotten out of hand in this race. How out of hand? Read this latest hate mail:
It’s me again….the Iraq War vet that wrote yesterday. The CONSERVATIVE Iraq War vet who wrote you yesterday.
Why have you not taken issue with your website’s endorsement of Mike Castle. Allapundit has explicitly stated that he is the “RINO” who supports Mike Castle.
Is it because you care more about making money than you do standing up for conservative principles.
You lecture us not to support the RNC because of their support for RINOs and the efforts they make against TRUE CONSERVATIVES, and then you allow your website handlers to go out of their way to disparage Christine O’Donnell, and praise Mike Castle???? Michelle, if you do not overtly condemn their support of a RINO, then you are a fraud. In fact, you have all the power and ability to stop them from doing it….just tell them to stop supporting the RINO or they are fired. But you don’t…WHY?
Why should we ever listen to you preach to us about RINOs if you are going to be such a hypocrite?
Is Allapundit your husband or what??? What’s the deal???
Hope you’re happy when Castle gets elected.
You are a fraud.
Ann Coulter is speaking up for Christine.
Mark Levin is speaking up for O’Donnell.
Rush is too.
So is Sarah Palin, Demint, the NRA!!!
Where are you??????
Where is Michelle Malkin when it’s time to be counted?
Silent. And Hypocritical. Fraud.
“Freedom is in good hands…it’s in our hands.” -U.S. Army Soldier (specifically, me – this quote is attributed to me)
But now I’m a candy-ass RINO fraud, too? Geez.
Guess what? You can be a “TRUE CONSERVATIVE,” a blogger behind a keyboard, a talk show host behind a mic, a prime-time TV host in front of a camera, a Beltway pundit, or a heartland Tea Party activist and come to different, good-faith conclusions about this race. I know people in both the Castle camp and the O’Donnell camp. I’m not going to deride or disown my friends in the blogosphere or anywhere else because we disagree. That’s, well, unhinged.
Everyone get a grip. Take a deep breath. Fight your best fight. Make your best arguments. Wait for the votes to be counted. Then march on and move forward.blog comments powered by Disqus
December 5, 2016 05:28 AM by Doug Powers
Trump’s chat with Taiwan leader poses threat, says admin that shipped $1.7 billion in cash to world’s #1 sponsor of terror (Sunday open thread)
December 4, 2016 10:52 AM by Doug Powers
Dem Sen. Gillibrand opposing Trump’s nomination of Gen. James Mattis for SecDef (what’s ‘obstruction’ called when Dems try it?)
December 2, 2016 02:34 PM by Doug Powers
Altruistic former congressman beseeches Obama-the-Merciful to pardon millions of ex-inmates (including a certain former congressman)
December 1, 2016 07:24 PM by Doug Powers
Priorities! Former Beastie Boy finds way to raise money for Planned Parenthood that doesn’t harm any cows or sheep
November 30, 2016 07:21 PM by Doug Powers