Tea Party in Mayberry

By Doug Powers  •  October 7, 2010 02:00 PM

Long before Andy Griffith shilled for Obamacare in an ad you paid for, Ron Howard starred with Griffith in a 2008 campaign video dedicated to telling everyone how much Hope & Change was needed in order to save the country.

In the spirit of equal Howard family time, below is a short video from Heritage Action called “Obama Tax Hikes” in which Ron Howard’s brother, Clint, strikes a blow for the rebellion.

Clint occasionally appeared on the Andy Griffith Show as “Leon,” so I’m going to consider this ad to be the beginnings of a Tea Party in Mayberry:

I think I know which Howard brother will have bragging rights at the Thanksgiving table this year.

Update: I’d forgotten about this little Obamacare/Mayberry skit I put together back when Andy Griffith starting pitching the health care law — I’ll have to figure out how to incorporate Clint:

null
null

His contrails will go on: DiCaprio takes private jet from France to NYC to accept environmental award (Open thread)

May 22, 2016 10:06 AM by Doug Powers

kerrydicaprio

Hypocrite parade: Powered by dreams and jet fuel

Movie about Barack & Michelle’s first date might break even just in ticket sales to lapdog media

April 29, 2016 01:33 PM by Doug Powers

obamamovie

Can’t wait for Chris Matthews’ review

Because they care: Will Ferrell to assist Hillary’s push for Alzheimer’s awareness with planned Reagan mockumentary; Updated

April 27, 2016 08:40 PM by Doug Powers

ferrell

The compassion of our Hollywood betters is unmatched

Beyonce’s beehive of bombastic buffoons

April 27, 2016 09:18 AM by Michelle Malkin

Dems’ CO2 alarmism leaves Ted Cruz breathless; Bernie Sanders uses private charter for Rome trip, exhaling all the way (Open thread)

April 17, 2016 08:56 AM by Doug Powers

menu

Being a socialist “for the people” doesn’t mean you can’t eat like a King!

Categories: Enviro-nitwits, Feature Story, global warming, Hollyweird, Barack Obama, Democrats, GOP