Tea Party in Mayberry

By Doug Powers  •  October 7, 2010 02:00 PM

Long before Andy Griffith shilled for Obamacare in an ad you paid for, Ron Howard starred with Griffith in a 2008 campaign video dedicated to telling everyone how much Hope & Change was needed in order to save the country.

In the spirit of equal Howard family time, below is a short video from Heritage Action called “Obama Tax Hikes” in which Ron Howard’s brother, Clint, strikes a blow for the rebellion.

Clint occasionally appeared on the Andy Griffith Show as “Leon,” so I’m going to consider this ad to be the beginnings of a Tea Party in Mayberry:

I think I know which Howard brother will have bragging rights at the Thanksgiving table this year.

Update: I’d forgotten about this little Obamacare/Mayberry skit I put together back when Andy Griffith starting pitching the health care law — I’ll have to figure out how to incorporate Clint:

null
null

While Obama was in Alaska staring down glaciers to stave off climate change, this was going on nearby

September 3, 2015 08:58 AM by Doug Powers

obamaglacier1

China gets a better vantage point to watch Obama perform miracles

Fast Lerner: Subpoenaed tech guy who worked on Hillary’s private server says he’ll plead the 5th (sound familiar?)

September 2, 2015 08:07 PM by Doug Powers

drebin1

Nothing to hear here.

Peer-reviewed study: Obama’s mixed messages contributing to climate change, mass confusion

September 1, 2015 10:19 AM by Doug Powers

obamaclosing

Spending ensues, no matter what (and that’s the important thing)

Peak pandering: Ahead of Alaska visit, Obama officially renames Mt. McKinley

August 31, 2015 07:48 AM by Doug Powers

obamapoint

“The mountain has spoken”

‘Degrade and ultimately destroy’ ISIS update: JV team ‘growing like crazy’

August 30, 2015 12:03 PM by Doug Powers

obamaisis1

Time to escalate the war on climate change