Obama Works Wonders

By Doug Powers  •  October 10, 2010 11:32 AM

null

Don’t ask me why, but I have a theory that TOTUS moonlights as a romance novelist:

At a White House event today with Stevie Wonder, President Obama said the music legend’s tunes help him “sweet-talk Michelle” — and generally get his heart rate up.

“I happened to be listening to him this morning when I woke up,” Mr. Obama said. Wonder joined Mr. Obama as the president signed legislation expanding access to phone and Internet for disabled Americans.

“He’s what I work out to,” he said. “He’s what I sweet talk Michelle to.”

I thought Obama listened to expletive-laden hip-hop when working out? I guess not.

Every morning, President Obama wakes up, snaps his fingers, and Reggie Love brings his slippers, hits “play” on the boom-box and Stevie Wonder tunes start playing. Then, the president looks deep into Michelle’s eyes, takes her hand, and says, “honey… I’m gonna go play golf.”

Posted in: Barack Obama,Music

Peer-reviewed study: Obama’s mixed messages contributing to climate change, mass confusion

September 1, 2015 10:19 AM by Doug Powers

obamaclosing

Spending ensues, no matter what (and that’s the important thing)

Peak pandering: Ahead of Alaska visit, Obama officially renames Mt. McKinley

August 31, 2015 07:48 AM by Doug Powers

obamapoint

“The mountain has spoken”

‘Degrade and ultimately destroy’ ISIS update: JV team ‘growing like crazy’

August 30, 2015 12:03 PM by Doug Powers

obamaisis1

Time to escalate the war on climate change

With friends like these: Iran deputy foreign minister welcomes Harry Reid’s Senate filibuster intention

August 30, 2015 09:32 AM by Doug Powers

harryreid

For the filibuster before he was against it before he was for it again

Thursday open thread: Hillary talks gun control in wake of Va. shootings; Pentagon conforms ISIS threat to match WH narrative

August 27, 2015 08:37 AM by Doug Powers