Introspective Obama: I didn’t communicate “sit in the back seat, Tea Party racists” clearly enough

By Michelle Malkin  •  November 5, 2010 11:31 AM

This is exactly why I said to take his olive branch and shove it.

Three days after the shellacking that shook America, President Obama’s idea of “taking responsibility” is to blame voters for not understanding his message.

See, it’s not that he didn’t get it.

It’s that we didn’t get it.

And off to Asia he goes…

Via 60 Minutes:

After a suffering a “shellacking” in the midterm elections, President Obama acknowledges what many have seen as his chief weakness – failing to sell the importance of several legislative milestones to the American people.

“I think that’s a fair argument. I think that, over the course of two years we were so busy and so focused on getting a bunch of stuff done that, we stopped paying attention to the fact that leadership isn’t just legislation. That it’s a matter of persuading people. And giving them confidence and bringing them together. And setting a tone,” Mr. Obama told 60 Minutes’ Steve Kroft in an exclusive interview set to air Sunday.

“Making an argument that people can understand,” Mr. Obama continued, “I think that we haven’t always been successful at that. And I take personal responsibility for that. And it’s something that I’ve got to examine carefully … as I go forward.”

Damn it feels good to be a Clinton: Ted Cruz ad offers a glimpse behind the Office Space at Hillary HQ

February 12, 2016 03:20 PM by Doug Powers

hillarynotfunny

The FBI would also like to have a chat about her server’s flair

Shades of Grayson: How big of a hypocritical weasel do you have to be for Harry Reid to call you ‘disgraceful’?

February 12, 2016 01:24 PM by Doug Powers

clintonreid1

Grayson makes the needle spin clean off Reid’s trusty “moral compass”

‘Careful what you ask for,’ socialist-style: NH delegate count gives Bernie Sanders his dream of ‘fairness’

February 11, 2016 07:47 AM by Doug Powers

hillarybernie

There seems to be some sort of lesson here

While the focus was on New Hampshire, SCOTUS knocked the teeth out of Obama’s Clean Power Plan

February 10, 2016 07:58 AM by Doug Powers

obamaskyrocket

Necessary skyrocketing of energy prices put on hold

NH watch: Optimistic Sanders supporters sing about having ‘somebody to lean on’ (a primary open thread); Updated

February 9, 2016 09:29 AM by Doug Powers