Trump Makes Appearance at CPAC

By Doug Powers  •  February 10, 2011 01:01 PM

This is a good indicator that he’s serious about throwing his hair, er, I mean hat… into the presidential ring:

Rumored presidential candidate Donald Trump will make a surprise visit to the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington today. He plans to address the convention in the afternoon. The decision to attend CPAC was pushed by Trump’s longtime political advisor Roger Stone, and indicates the billionaire real estate mogul is becoming serious about seeking the Republican nomination for president next year.

Trump has been hinting at his desire to run for months. “For the first time in my life, I am absolutely thinking about it,” he told MSNBC in October. According to Newsmax, Trump is “telling friends he has decided he will definitely run.”

Trump has said in the past that he’ll announce his decision to run or not in June.

I hope he runs just so we can see billboards like this:

null

Michele Bachmann got things rolling earlier today:

My favorite parts in ascending order: “Let’s make Obama a one-term president,” “Hu’s your daddy” and “come to my party, the bar tab is mine.”

(h/t HAP)

Posted in: Politics,GOP

Damn it feels good to be a Clinton: Ted Cruz ad offers a glimpse behind the Office Space at Hillary HQ

February 12, 2016 03:20 PM by Doug Powers

hillarynotfunny

The FBI would also like to have a chat about her server’s flair

Shades of Grayson: How big of a hypocritical weasel do you have to be for Harry Reid to call you ‘disgraceful’?

February 12, 2016 01:24 PM by Doug Powers

clintonreid1

Grayson makes the needle spin clean off Reid’s trusty “moral compass”

‘Careful what you ask for,’ socialist-style: NH delegate count gives Bernie Sanders his dream of ‘fairness’

February 11, 2016 07:47 AM by Doug Powers

hillarybernie

There seems to be some sort of lesson here

While the focus was on New Hampshire, SCOTUS knocked the teeth out of Obama’s Clean Power Plan

February 10, 2016 07:58 AM by Doug Powers

obamaskyrocket

Necessary skyrocketing of energy prices put on hold

NH watch: Optimistic Sanders supporters sing about having ‘somebody to lean on’ (a primary open thread); Updated

February 9, 2016 09:29 AM by Doug Powers