Did You Know...

   

Wisconsin GOP Finds Way Around Fleebaggers; Senate Votes to Strip Bargaining Rights for Public Workers

Share
By Doug Powers  •  March 9, 2011 08:44 PM

**Written by Doug Powers

Woody Allen once said that 80 percent of success is just showing up. And if you’re in the Wisconsin Senate, the other 20 percent is having a firm grasp on the rules in order to work around those who don’t show up:

MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Republicans in the Wisconsin Senate voted Wednesday night to strip nearly all collective bargaining rights from public workers after discovering a way to bypass the chamber’s missing Democrats.

All 14 Senate Democrats fled to Illinois nearly three weeks ago, preventing the chamber from having enough members present to consider Gov. Scott Walker’s so-called “budget repair bill” – a proposal introduced to plug a $137 million budget shortfall.

The Senate requires a quorum to take up any measures that spend money. But Republicans on Wednesday split from the legislation the proposal to curtail union rights, which spends no money, and a special conference committee of state lawmakers approved the bill a short time later.

The measure moves on to the Assembly and is expected to pass on Thursday.

This guy is really gonna be mad whenever he wakes up. Well, hungry first, then mad.

Earlier in the day, there was a little insult-to-injury:

Earlier Wednesday, Senate Republicans voted to fine Democrats $100 each for missing the day’s session.

The fines passed 18-0. All Democrats were absent, as was Sen. Frank Lasee (R-De Pere).

In terms the Wisconsin Fleebaggers can understand, they’re being fined about one night each at the Heritage Inn & Suites in Harvard, Illinois.

Update: Let the temper tantrums begin.

**Written by Doug Powers

Twitter @ThePowersThatBe

Fight for the freedom to question vaccines

November 27, 2019 07:24 AM by Michelle Malkin

Radical Spawn Chesa Boudin: America’s Most Toxic DA Candidate

October 29, 2019 11:21 PM by Michelle Malkin

Surrendering to SPLC’s Lazy Media Lemmings

October 9, 2019 07:44 AM by Michelle Malkin

ADL, Antifa and Koch: Toxic Anti-Trump League

October 2, 2019 08:27 AM by Michelle Malkin

7 Dem Debate Questions Jorge Ramos Won’t Ask

September 11, 2019 07:27 AM by Michelle Malkin


Categories: Politics