Haley Barbour Won’t Throw His Hat in the Presidential Ring

By Doug Powers  •  April 25, 2011 04:24 PM

Just in from CNN:

Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour said Monday he will not run for president in 2012.

“I will not be a candidate for president next year,” Barbour, a Republican, said in a statement. “This has been a difficult, personal decision, and I am very grateful to my family for their total support of my going forward, had that been what I decided.”

Barbour said he would continue serving as governor and as chairman of the Republican Governors Association working to “elect a new Republican president in 2012.”

Back when it looked like he was a lock to run, I got negative vibes from Haley when he said about global warming that we should proceed as if it’s actually happening. There’s already got one Newt in the fray, and now it might stay that way.

Does this mean Mike Huckabee is more likely to enter the race now? And if so what will Michelle Obama say to Huck when he begs her to be his VP nominee? Awwwkward.

Climate change getting so bad the State Dept. has issued a worldwide travel warning

November 24, 2015 09:49 AM by Doug Powers

Way to go, climate deniers!

Bill Nye the Authoritarian Guy: Get toxic climate change deniers ‘out of our discourse’

November 9, 2015 06:44 AM by Doug Powers

Submit, fossil fuel-burning heretics, or the Climate Crusaders will hunt you down in a 747

Sex in the balance: CNN sounds alarm about the latest thing climate change is killing

November 6, 2015 10:19 PM by Doug Powers

If you can’t get a date you can always jump a shark

Climate change crusader Jerry Brown’s hopes of becoming an oil baron dashed

November 5, 2015 10:07 AM by Doug Powers

There will be hypocrisy

Private jet-set Bill Gates: Free market won’t save the world from ravages of ‘climate change’

November 3, 2015 09:14 AM by Doug Powers