Haley Barbour Won’t Throw His Hat in the Presidential Ring

By Doug Powers  •  April 25, 2011 04:24 PM

Just in from CNN:

Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour said Monday he will not run for president in 2012.

“I will not be a candidate for president next year,” Barbour, a Republican, said in a statement. “This has been a difficult, personal decision, and I am very grateful to my family for their total support of my going forward, had that been what I decided.”

Barbour said he would continue serving as governor and as chairman of the Republican Governors Association working to “elect a new Republican president in 2012.”

Back when it looked like he was a lock to run, I got negative vibes from Haley when he said about global warming that we should proceed as if it’s actually happening. There’s already got one Newt in the fray, and now it might stay that way.

Does this mean Mike Huckabee is more likely to enter the race now? And if so what will Michelle Obama say to Huck when he begs her to be his VP nominee? Awwwkward.

While Obama was in Alaska staring down glaciers to stave off climate change, this was going on nearby

September 3, 2015 08:58 AM by Doug Powers

obamaglacier1

China gets a better vantage point to watch Obama perform miracles

Peer-reviewed study: Obama’s mixed messages contributing to climate change, mass confusion

September 1, 2015 10:19 AM by Doug Powers

obamaclosing

Spending ensues, no matter what (and that’s the important thing)

What is Obama’s top population control freak hiding?

August 26, 2015 08:59 AM by Michelle Malkin

Obama torches 20,000 gallons of gas to warn that ‘fossil fuel interests’ are conspiring against ‘clean energy’

August 24, 2015 09:10 PM by Doug Powers

solyndra-obama-3-1

Because it worked so well the first time

Head of EPA: Obama’s Clean Power Plan will hit low-income minorities hardest, but they’ll get ‘incredible savings’ by 2030

August 20, 2015 08:58 AM by Doug Powers

epa

They’re from the bloated bureaucracy and they’re here to help you save money