Haley Barbour Won’t Throw His Hat in the Presidential Ring

By Doug Powers  •  April 25, 2011 04:24 PM

Just in from CNN:

Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour said Monday he will not run for president in 2012.

“I will not be a candidate for president next year,” Barbour, a Republican, said in a statement. “This has been a difficult, personal decision, and I am very grateful to my family for their total support of my going forward, had that been what I decided.”

Barbour said he would continue serving as governor and as chairman of the Republican Governors Association working to “elect a new Republican president in 2012.”

Back when it looked like he was a lock to run, I got negative vibes from Haley when he said about global warming that we should proceed as if it’s actually happening. There’s already got one Newt in the fray, and now it might stay that way.

Does this mean Mike Huckabee is more likely to enter the race now? And if so what will Michelle Obama say to Huck when he begs her to be his VP nominee? Awwwkward.

Perfect: John Kerry opposes offshore tax havens the same way he leads by example on climate change

April 26, 2016 09:21 AM by Doug Powers

kerry9

Do as he says, not as he does!

Eco-warriors Barack & Michelle Obama make sure Earth Day smells as much like jet exhaust as possible

April 22, 2016 05:09 AM by Doug Powers

jet_exhaust

Separate international flights we can believe in!

Enjoying the weather? It’s because climate change is ABOUT TO KILL US!

April 21, 2016 05:43 PM by Doug Powers

globalwarming

Now even the nice days are BAD news

Dems’ CO2 alarmism leaves Ted Cruz breathless; Bernie Sanders uses private charter for Rome trip, exhaling all the way (Open thread)

April 17, 2016 08:56 AM by Doug Powers

menu

Being a socialist “for the people” doesn’t mean you can’t eat like a King!

Bill Nye the Tyranny Guy: World might be a better place if people who disagreed with me were in prison

April 15, 2016 02:04 PM by Doug Powers