Haley Barbour Won’t Throw His Hat in the Presidential Ring

By Doug Powers  •  April 25, 2011 04:24 PM

Just in from CNN:

Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour said Monday he will not run for president in 2012.

“I will not be a candidate for president next year,” Barbour, a Republican, said in a statement. “This has been a difficult, personal decision, and I am very grateful to my family for their total support of my going forward, had that been what I decided.”

Barbour said he would continue serving as governor and as chairman of the Republican Governors Association working to “elect a new Republican president in 2012.”

Back when it looked like he was a lock to run, I got negative vibes from Haley when he said about global warming that we should proceed as if it’s actually happening. There’s already got one Newt in the fray, and now it might stay that way.

Does this mean Mike Huckabee is more likely to enter the race now? And if so what will Michelle Obama say to Huck when he begs her to be his VP nominee? Awwwkward.

~ For the latest breaking news, be sure to join Michelle's Email List:

Fanboy of scare monger Al Gore accuses conservative of scare mongering about Ebola

October 2, 2014 09:31 PM by Doug Powers

colmestantaros

But cow flatulence could spell the end of civilization

Of course: Guess what might be to blame for the first ever diagnosis of Ebola in US

September 30, 2014 09:46 PM by Doug Powers

obamamicroscope

Diagnosis climate change

Inconvenient weightlessness: Latest scare tactic highlights gravity of ‘climate crisis’ desperation

September 30, 2014 09:27 AM by Doug Powers

gravity

Don’t let go of Al Gore!

Obama fires up Air Force One, Marine One, huge motorcade to deliver climate change warning at UN

September 23, 2014 01:33 PM by Doug Powers

obamacoffee

Plus: Coffee salute

Wow, Al Gore has lost so much weight that he makes a Prius look like a Chevy Suburban SUV

September 23, 2014 10:01 AM by Doug Powers