Haley Barbour Won’t Throw His Hat in the Presidential Ring

By Doug Powers  •  April 25, 2011 04:24 PM

Just in from CNN:

Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour said Monday he will not run for president in 2012.

“I will not be a candidate for president next year,” Barbour, a Republican, said in a statement. “This has been a difficult, personal decision, and I am very grateful to my family for their total support of my going forward, had that been what I decided.”

Barbour said he would continue serving as governor and as chairman of the Republican Governors Association working to “elect a new Republican president in 2012.”

Back when it looked like he was a lock to run, I got negative vibes from Haley when he said about global warming that we should proceed as if it’s actually happening. There’s already got one Newt in the fray, and now it might stay that way.

Does this mean Mike Huckabee is more likely to enter the race now? And if so what will Michelle Obama say to Huck when he begs her to be his VP nominee? Awwwkward.

Yosemite Nat’l Park hosts climate change lecture from Smoggy the Bear; Vin Scully not feeling the Bern (Open thread)

June 19, 2016 09:14 AM by Doug Powers

obamacopter

Hypocrisy Landing

California schemin’: Bill that would have criminalized climate change skepticism dies (for now)

June 2, 2016 10:14 PM by Doug Powers

warden1

Coming soon: Welcome to Goreshank

His contrails will go on: DiCaprio takes private jet from France to NYC to accept environmental award (Open thread)

May 22, 2016 10:06 AM by Doug Powers

kerrydicaprio

Hypocrite parade: Powered by dreams and jet fuel

Fear factor: Forum at MIT examines if a certain phobia is worsening global warming

May 10, 2016 10:36 AM by Doug Powers

kerryclimate

Is it hot in here or is this crazy?

John Kerry should tell the White House about his ‘borderless world’ prediction