Haley Barbour Won’t Throw His Hat in the Presidential Ring

By Doug Powers  •  April 25, 2011 04:24 PM

Just in from CNN:

Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour said Monday he will not run for president in 2012.

“I will not be a candidate for president next year,” Barbour, a Republican, said in a statement. “This has been a difficult, personal decision, and I am very grateful to my family for their total support of my going forward, had that been what I decided.”

Barbour said he would continue serving as governor and as chairman of the Republican Governors Association working to “elect a new Republican president in 2012.”

Back when it looked like he was a lock to run, I got negative vibes from Haley when he said about global warming that we should proceed as if it’s actually happening. There’s already got one Newt in the fray, and now it might stay that way.

Does this mean Mike Huckabee is more likely to enter the race now? And if so what will Michelle Obama say to Huck when he begs her to be his VP nominee? Awwwkward.

Jill Stein calls to mobilize for war like after Pearl Harbor, except the enemy is climate change, or something

October 12, 2016 08:59 PM by Doug Powers

One Flew Over the Carbon Neutral Cuckoo’s Nest

Science! Reporter reminds America that if Paris Agreement goes as planned, we may have seen our last hurricane

October 7, 2016 01:37 PM by Doug Powers

The climate Kool Aid has worked wonders

Good news! Leo DiCaprio has disqualified himself from ever holding public office

October 4, 2016 12:21 PM by Doug Powers

The hypocrisy will go on

Like mother like daughter: This month’s Al Gore Eco-Crusading Junior Mega-Hypocrite award goes to…

September 29, 2016 09:00 PM by Doug Powers

Is hypocrisy is a learned behavior?

Crap & Trade: Calif. Gov. Jerry Brown helps save planet by regulating cow flatulence & manure

September 20, 2016 07:37 PM by Doug Powers