Haley Barbour Won’t Throw His Hat in the Presidential Ring

By Doug Powers  •  April 25, 2011 04:24 PM

Just in from CNN:

Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour said Monday he will not run for president in 2012.

“I will not be a candidate for president next year,” Barbour, a Republican, said in a statement. “This has been a difficult, personal decision, and I am very grateful to my family for their total support of my going forward, had that been what I decided.”

Barbour said he would continue serving as governor and as chairman of the Republican Governors Association working to “elect a new Republican president in 2012.”

Back when it looked like he was a lock to run, I got negative vibes from Haley when he said about global warming that we should proceed as if it’s actually happening. There’s already got one Newt in the fray, and now it might stay that way.

Does this mean Mike Huckabee is more likely to enter the race now? And if so what will Michelle Obama say to Huck when he begs her to be his VP nominee? Awwwkward.

The Day After the Day After Tomorrow: Leo DiCaprio to produce ‘post apocalyptic’ climate change film

February 2, 2016 09:45 PM by Doug Powers

goreleo

Meanwhile, script for “Hypocrite-World” unlikely to get Hollywood green-light

Al-mageddon hath arrived: A decade ago today, Gore issued his 10-year doomsday warning

January 26, 2016 12:22 PM by Doug Powers

gorebear

Is it getting hot in here or is he crazy?

Leo DiCaprio calls for end of fossil fuel dependence at World Economic Forum & Private Jet Parade

January 22, 2016 05:23 AM by Doug Powers

kerrydicaprio

Hypocrite see, hypocrite do

If Bernie Sanders & Michael Moore want to take Flint’s water problem to the top, here’s where they should start

January 17, 2016 10:50 PM by Doug Powers

epa

Aim higher

Clueless people: Bette Midler explains unseasonably warm NYC Christmas week to the ignorant and selfish

December 23, 2015 09:41 AM by Doug Powers

midler

Paris climate agreement not brewing fast enough?