Trump: Hey, How About a Little Credit for Finding Bin Laden?

By Doug Powers  •  May 12, 2011 10:05 AM

The Donald must be trying to generate a much needed “bin Laden bump” in the polls.

From CNN:

During his second trip to the early presidential contest state of New Hampshire, the famously confident Trump said he appeared on television “a few weeks ago” saying bin Laden was in Pakistan but that “nobody else picked it up.”

“You tell them (Pakistan) we’re not giving you any money unless you hand over to us Osama bin Laden and everybody looked at me like eh, nobody else picked it up,” Trump told a crowd at the Chamber of Commerce Nashua Expo. “That’s what I hate about politics. You know when I buy a piece of real estate I own it, OK? When you come up with a good idea in politics, if they like it they take it and they say I have an idea and you know, by that time most people forgot it was Trump’s idea so Trump doesn’t get any credit. I love to get credit.”

To help sway any disbelievers, Trump released this photograph that was purportedly snapped outside Osama bin Laden’s compound the night he was killed. The picture was taken right before Trump jumped out of the copter, stormed the compound and personally said to bin Laden, “Osama, you’re fired!”

null

(h/t NRO)

Posted in: Politics,Al Qaeda

Dem supporters of Constitution-skirting president accuse GOPers of skirting Constitution

February 14, 2016 11:20 AM by Doug Powers

scalia1

RIP Justice Antonin Scalia

Damn it feels good to be a Clinton: Ted Cruz ad offers a glimpse behind the Office Space at Hillary HQ

February 12, 2016 03:20 PM by Doug Powers

hillarynotfunny

The FBI would also like to have a chat about her server’s flair

Shades of Grayson: How big of a hypocritical weasel do you have to be for Harry Reid to call you ‘disgraceful’?

February 12, 2016 01:24 PM by Doug Powers

clintonreid1

Grayson makes the needle spin clean off Reid’s trusty “moral compass”

‘Careful what you ask for,’ socialist-style: NH delegate count gives Bernie Sanders his dream of ‘fairness’

February 11, 2016 07:47 AM by Doug Powers

hillarybernie

There seems to be some sort of lesson here

While the focus was on New Hampshire, SCOTUS knocked the teeth out of Obama’s Clean Power Plan

February 10, 2016 07:58 AM by Doug Powers

obamaskyrocket

Necessary skyrocketing of energy prices put on hold