Trump: ‘Anthony Weiner is a Bad Guy, a Psycho’ (Does Donald Want Back the Campaign Contributions?)

By Doug Powers  •  June 7, 2011 06:34 PM

Donald Trump went off on Anthony Weiner today. HAP has the full video, but here’s a partial transcript I jotted down just to give you an idea:

Many people have been asking me about Anthony Weiner, the congressman from New York who had big ambitions and wanted to run for Mayor of New York City. The fact is, I know him very well. He’d call me all the time looking for campaign contributions and would never stop. He’d give me all sorts of phone numbers — fortunately I don’t think I ever called.

The fact is, Anthony Weiner is a bad guy. He’s a psycho. And when this came out, I was not surprised at all. I’d watch him on interviews, I’d watch him on television. I’d hear what he had to say, and he was like a boiler about to explode.
[...]
One thing good came out of Anthony’s mess… I’ll never have to give him campaign contributions, and that’s really wonderful.

For the most part I agree with Trump’s assessment — Weiner’s nuts and he was long before he was a creepy glimmer in the eye of yFrog — but as for “I don’t think I ever called him back when he asked for donations,” Donald might be mistaken:
*****

null
null
*****

Okay, so maybe Weiner wasn’t so psycho just over a year ago when Donald was a FoW.

Hey, if Trump gave Weiner money just to shut him up, I almost understand that… almost (if so, Trump was also trying to shut up a lot of other liberal Democrats). I’m guessing a good deal of Weiner’s fundraising cash came from people just trying to get him to close his mouth. This year it’ll come from people trying to get him to close his Blackberry.

As for Trump, he may have just had a “Weiner roast,” but a few thousand of his own dollars went towards fueling the fire.

~ For the latest breaking news, be sure to join Michelle's Email List:

President Obama not attending a single fundraiser after Fort Hood memorial

April 9, 2014 01:00 PM by Doug Powers

fundraiser

Not one

Vacationer Obama’s favorite Vineyard “vulture”

July 31, 2013 10:18 AM by Michelle Malkin

Jesse Jackson Jr. pleads guilty

February 20, 2013 02:31 PM by Doug Powers

46 to 57 months possible

Elizabeth Warren campaign seeks donations to cover $400k debt for 'last minute pizza and coffee'

December 10, 2012 05:15 AM by Doug Powers