Trump: ‘Anthony Weiner is a Bad Guy, a Psycho’ (Does Donald Want Back the Campaign Contributions?)

By Doug Powers  •  June 7, 2011 06:34 PM

Donald Trump went off on Anthony Weiner today. HAP has the full video, but here’s a partial transcript I jotted down just to give you an idea:

Many people have been asking me about Anthony Weiner, the congressman from New York who had big ambitions and wanted to run for Mayor of New York City. The fact is, I know him very well. He’d call me all the time looking for campaign contributions and would never stop. He’d give me all sorts of phone numbers — fortunately I don’t think I ever called.

The fact is, Anthony Weiner is a bad guy. He’s a psycho. And when this came out, I was not surprised at all. I’d watch him on interviews, I’d watch him on television. I’d hear what he had to say, and he was like a boiler about to explode.
[…]
One thing good came out of Anthony’s mess… I’ll never have to give him campaign contributions, and that’s really wonderful.

For the most part I agree with Trump’s assessment — Weiner’s nuts and he was long before he was a creepy glimmer in the eye of yFrog — but as for “I don’t think I ever called him back when he asked for donations,” Donald might be mistaken:
*****

null
null
*****

Okay, so maybe Weiner wasn’t so psycho just over a year ago when Donald was a FoW.

Hey, if Trump gave Weiner money just to shut him up, I almost understand that… almost (if so, Trump was also trying to shut up a lot of other liberal Democrats). I’m guessing a good deal of Weiner’s fundraising cash came from people just trying to get him to close his mouth. This year it’ll come from people trying to get him to close his Blackberry.

As for Trump, he may have just had a “Weiner roast,” but a few thousand of his own dollars went towards fueling the fire.

What a pal! Clinton crony Terry McAuliffe attracts FBI’s attention so Hillary doesn’t feel unfairly singled out

May 25, 2016 07:29 AM by Doug Powers

hillarymcauliffe

Cronies under investigation together stay together

Extra crispy crazies: Planned Parenthood’s Cecile Richards raises the bar on shamelessness

April 19, 2016 11:00 AM by Doug Powers

cecilerichards

Bucket of insanity with a side of lunacy

When progressive selective memory attacks: Michael Moore gerrymanders around reality

January 4, 2016 06:50 AM by Doug Powers

moore

Obama was a Republican?

Clinton Foundation refiles years worth of taxes ‘in the interest of transparency’ (but only after they got busted)

November 17, 2015 11:57 AM by Doug Powers

billhill

Millions and millions in foreign donations previously undisclosed