Trump: ‘Anthony Weiner is a Bad Guy, a Psycho’ (Does Donald Want Back the Campaign Contributions?)

By Doug Powers  •  June 7, 2011 06:34 PM

Donald Trump went off on Anthony Weiner today. HAP has the full video, but here’s a partial transcript I jotted down just to give you an idea:

Many people have been asking me about Anthony Weiner, the congressman from New York who had big ambitions and wanted to run for Mayor of New York City. The fact is, I know him very well. He’d call me all the time looking for campaign contributions and would never stop. He’d give me all sorts of phone numbers — fortunately I don’t think I ever called.

The fact is, Anthony Weiner is a bad guy. He’s a psycho. And when this came out, I was not surprised at all. I’d watch him on interviews, I’d watch him on television. I’d hear what he had to say, and he was like a boiler about to explode.
[…]
One thing good came out of Anthony’s mess… I’ll never have to give him campaign contributions, and that’s really wonderful.

For the most part I agree with Trump’s assessment — Weiner’s nuts and he was long before he was a creepy glimmer in the eye of yFrog — but as for “I don’t think I ever called him back when he asked for donations,” Donald might be mistaken:
*****

null
null
*****

Okay, so maybe Weiner wasn’t so psycho just over a year ago when Donald was a FoW.

Hey, if Trump gave Weiner money just to shut him up, I almost understand that… almost (if so, Trump was also trying to shut up a lot of other liberal Democrats). I’m guessing a good deal of Weiner’s fundraising cash came from people just trying to get him to close his mouth. This year it’ll come from people trying to get him to close his Blackberry.

As for Trump, he may have just had a “Weiner roast,” but a few thousand of his own dollars went towards fueling the fire.

Hillary hopes State Dept. changes procedures so future secretaries can’t hide secret servers & mass delete emails

May 25, 2016 09:36 PM by Doug Powers

hillaryshrug

Because they care

What a pal! Clinton crony Terry McAuliffe attracts FBI’s attention so Hillary doesn’t feel unfairly singled out

May 25, 2016 07:29 AM by Doug Powers

hillarymcauliffe

Cronies under investigation together stay together

His contrails will go on: DiCaprio takes private jet from France to NYC to accept environmental award (Open thread)

May 22, 2016 10:06 AM by Doug Powers

kerrydicaprio

Hypocrite parade: Powered by dreams and jet fuel

Your tax dollars at war (against you): Behold Planned Parenthood’s election year ‘army’

May 21, 2016 05:45 AM by Doug Powers

patton

This mission should be aborted

Mayor of debt-ridden city with record number of shootings has priorities

May 19, 2016 07:19 AM by Doug Powers

emanuel

Backing up his former boss