Poll: Nearly Two-Thirds of Americans Scaling Back Summer Vacation Plans Due to the Economy

By Doug Powers  •  June 29, 2011 11:25 AM

This morning I read a CNBC economic survey which included the following:

60% of the public is reacting to higher food and gas prices by scaling back on summer vacation plans…

Timing is everything, because no more than five minutes later I ran across this story:

President Obama, for the third straight year, is planning to return to Martha’s Vineyard for vacation this summer, according to a White House official.

The Obamas are scheduled to spend seven to 10 days on the island in mid- to late August, according to the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because of security concerns.

Some have wondered if public “perception” would be taken into greater consideration with 2012 just around the corner. There’s your answer. Now get back to work and up your game, America!

Twitter @ThePowersThatBeremember being

Posted in: Barack Obama

Thursday open thread: Hillary talks gun control in wake of Va. shootings; Pentagon conforms ISIS threat to match WH narrative

August 27, 2015 08:37 AM by Doug Powers

hillarychillin

Just chillin’ in Opportunist-ville

EO signed by Obama in 2009 could doom Hillary’s ‘classified email’ excuses, but at least Biden is smiling

August 26, 2015 05:05 AM by Doug Powers

hillarypresser

BS alarm dies from exhaustion

Obama torches 20,000 gallons of gas to warn that ‘fossil fuel interests’ are conspiring against ‘clean energy’

August 24, 2015 09:10 PM by Doug Powers

solyndra-obama-3-1

Because it worked so well the first time

Total coincidence: Biden meets with Fauxcahontas; Hillary interrupts Hamptons vacation to campaign (Sunday open thread)

August 23, 2015 08:29 AM by Doug Powers

hillarybiden

Game change?

Categories: 2016 Campaign, Barack Obama, Corruption, Democrats, Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden