Charles Rangel on Debt Ceiling Debate: What Would Jesus Do?

By Doug Powers  •  July 9, 2011 02:43 PM

null

Ever wonder why Rangel, Pelosi, et al, never ask what Jesus would do on the issue of abortion? But when it comes to trying to stop them from bankrupting America under the weight of their irresponsible spending addiction, suddenly they turn to the Lord:

Washington (CNN) – Veteran Democratic Rep. Charlie Rangel made an impassioned plea to religious leaders Friday, calling on them to lobby members of Congress and the Obama administration to remember the “lesser of my brothers and sisters” during this weekend’s debt negotiations.

“What would Jesus do this weekend? Or Moses. Or Allah. Or anyone else,” the New York congressman said at a press conference on Capitol Hill. “I don’t want this book (debt negotiations) closed without the clergy having an opportunity to forcefully express themselves as well as I know they can do.”

Charlie, Jesus might say two things to you: Stop taking the Father’s name in vain and pay your taxes.

(h/t Instapundit)

Lincoln Chafee dooms candidacy after reminding DNC crowd he’s been scandal-free for 30 years

August 28, 2015 04:28 PM by Doug Powers

noyoudidnt

Final nail in campaign coffin driven

Thursday open thread: Hillary talks gun control in wake of Va. shootings; Pentagon conforms ISIS threat to match WH narrative

August 27, 2015 08:37 AM by Doug Powers

hillarychillin

Just chillin’ in Opportunist-ville

EO signed by Obama in 2009 could doom Hillary’s ‘classified email’ excuses, but at least Biden is smiling

August 26, 2015 05:05 AM by Doug Powers

hillarypresser

BS alarm dies from exhaustion

Obama torches 20,000 gallons of gas to warn that ‘fossil fuel interests’ are conspiring against ‘clean energy’

August 24, 2015 09:10 PM by Doug Powers

solyndra-obama-3-1

Because it worked so well the first time