You remember Abdulhakim Mujahid Muhammad, don’t you?
In June 2009, he walked into an Arkansas Army recruiting center, murdered 24-year-old Private William Long and gravely wounded 18-year-old Private Quinton Ezeagwula. He had planned on killing many more in the name of Allah. While the White House and media decried the “climate of hate” fostered by Christians, they whitewashed Muhammad’s jihadi rage.
Muhammad received a life sentence without parole yesterday for the shooting spree after changing his plea.
Steve Emerson reports:
Jihadist Abdulhakim Mujahid Muhammad received a life prison sentence Monday afternoon after pleading guilty to shooting two soldiers, one fatally, outside a Little Rock, Ark. Army recruiting center in June 2009. Muhammad never disputed killing Army Pvt. William Long as part of “a jihadi attack on infidel forces.”
But his lawyers took the case to trial and tried to argue that Muhammad was suffering from a delusional disorder. He could have received the death penalty. But his trial was recessed Monday morning and Muhammad changed his plea to guilty.
Muhammad – formerly known as Carlos Bledsoe – converted from Baptist to Islam after enrolling at Tennessee State University in Nashville in the fall of 2003. He dropped out of school after three semesters and went to Yemen – ostensibly to teach English – in 2007.
Muhammad became radicalized there and was deported back to the United States against his wishes in January 2009.
In the days before he attacked Long and Army Pvt. Quinton Ezeagwula, Muhammad attempted to attack an Army recruiting center in Kentucky, which he found closed, and attempted to firebomb what he thought was a Nashville rabbi’s home.
Abdulhakim Mujahid Muhammad, 26, a convert to Islam, had previously confessed to the 2009 crime, in which he drove to the recruiting office in Little Rock and fired numerous rounds, killing one Army soldier and wounding another. Police said he told them he did so to protest the U.S. military and “what they had done to Muslims in the past.”
…On Monday morning prosecutors received his written plea offer. Larry Jegley, prosecuting attorney for Arkansas’ 6th Judicial District, said his office relayed the offer to the families of the victims, Army Pvts. William Long, 23, and Quinton Ezeagwula, who decided they could tolerate a life sentence.
“They showed a heck of a lot more mercy to Abdulhakim Muhammad … than he did to their boys,” Jegley said.
Ezeagwula’s mom asks the right question:
Ezeagwula’s mother, Sonja, 46, said in a telephone interview that she was not wholly satisfied with the outcome. Her son, who was 18 at the time of the shooting, still has dozens of bullet fragments in his body, and suffers from serious physical and psychological pain. And she did not believe that Muhammad was remorseful.
“Who’s to say if he’s in prison he won’t recruit other people who think the way he thinks?” she said.
In Muhammad’s own words…”It’s a war out against Islam and Muslims and I’m on the side of the Muslims point blank … The U.S. has to pay for the rape, murder, bloodshed, blasphemy it has done and still doing to the Muslims and Islam. So consider this a small retaliation the best is to come Allah willing. This is not the first attack and won’t be the last.”
Waiting for cries of “Islamophobia” from the usual suspects in 3, 2, 1..
Flashback: The jihadi virus in our jails
October 17, 2016 05:44 AM by Doug Powers
September 11, 2016 09:09 AM by Michelle Malkin
September 7, 2016 06:16 AM by Michelle Malkin
August 2, 2016 11:45 PM by Michelle Malkin
June 15, 2016 08:05 AM by Michelle Malkin