With the approval of First Nutritionist Michelle Obama, McDonald’s is getting rid of caramel apple dip, reducing the French fries portion, and adding more apples to its Happy Meals offerings.
Mrs. Obama expects more:
“McDonald’s is making continued progress today by providing more fruit and reducing the calories in its Happy Meals.
I’ve always said that everyone has a role to play in making America healthier, and these are positive steps toward the goal of solving the problem of childhood obesity.
McDonald’s has continued to evolve its menu, and I look forward to hearing about the progress of today’s commitments, as well as efforts in the years to come.”
They won’t rest until the Happy Meal has undergone the total Berkeley makeover.
Next up: Goodbye, hamburgers. Hello, tofu burgers.
Goodbye, fruit juice boxes. Hello, kale/wheatgrass boxes.
I’m running out to Sonic before right now before they get their grubby Nanny State hands on my cheesy tots and cherry limeade.
Okay, all my wonderful Photoshop friends and readers. I know you can come up with better designs than mine. Send me your best Unhappy Meal makeover images and I’ll post the best! Winner of the contest gets a Sonic gift card.
Update…The first batch of Unhappy Meal makeover entries are in. You guys work fast! Keep ‘em coming. I’m lovin’ it!
1) Mack Swaringen went all out (click for full-size image)…
2) Matthias Reynolds drew inspiration from Mr. Yuck…
3) Frank M. Palermo in Toronto, Canada sent this note along with his entry: “McComrade, The new (un)Happy Meal is now First Lady approved with 100% less taste and 100% more wheatgrass!”(Click for full-size image)
4) From Bucktown Dusty…
5) Logan Thompson went for simplicity…
6) Glenn W. introduces the “Hope-y Meal:”
7) Steve at Grandpa John’s blog serves one up:
blog comments powered by Disqus
November 1, 2013 09:05 AM by Michelle Malkin
FLOTUS: Hang in there kids, the USDA is working on making those school lunches I pushed for somewhat appetizing
May 4, 2013 01:46 PM by Doug Powers
December 9, 2012 12:29 PM by Doug Powers
October 30, 2013 08:52 AM by Michelle Malkin
September 11, 2013 09:35 AM by Michelle Malkin