With the approval of First Nutritionist Michelle Obama, McDonald’s is getting rid of caramel apple dip, reducing the French fries portion, and adding more apples to its Happy Meals offerings.
Mrs. Obama expects more:
“McDonald’s is making continued progress today by providing more fruit and reducing the calories in its Happy Meals.
I’ve always said that everyone has a role to play in making America healthier, and these are positive steps toward the goal of solving the problem of childhood obesity.
McDonald’s has continued to evolve its menu, and I look forward to hearing about the progress of today’s commitments, as well as efforts in the years to come.”
They won’t rest until the Happy Meal has undergone the total Berkeley makeover.
Next up: Goodbye, hamburgers. Hello, tofu burgers.
Goodbye, fruit juice boxes. Hello, kale/wheatgrass boxes.
I’m running out to Sonic before right now before they get their grubby Nanny State hands on my cheesy tots and cherry limeade.
Okay, all my wonderful Photoshop friends and readers. I know you can come up with better designs than mine. Send me your best Unhappy Meal makeover images and I’ll post the best! Winner of the contest gets a Sonic gift card.
Update…The first batch of Unhappy Meal makeover entries are in. You guys work fast! Keep ’em coming. I’m lovin’ it!
1) Mack Swaringen went all out (click for full-size image)…
2) Matthias Reynolds drew inspiration from Mr. Yuck…
3) Frank M. Palermo in Toronto, Canada sent this note along with his entry: “McComrade, The new (un)Happy Meal is now First Lady approved with 100% less taste and 100% more wheatgrass!”(Click for full-size image)
4) From Bucktown Dusty…
5) Logan Thompson went for simplicity…
6) Glenn W. introduces the “Hope-y Meal:”
7) Steve at Grandpa John’s blog serves one up:
blog comments powered by Disqus
Eco-warriors Barack & Michelle Obama make sure Earth Day smells as much like jet exhaust as possible
April 22, 2016 05:09 AM by Doug Powers
November 4, 2015 09:08 PM by Doug Powers
September 9, 2015 07:29 AM by Michelle Malkin
May 13, 2015 08:06 AM by Michelle Malkin
April 21, 2015 09:51 AM by Doug Powers