Romney: On Second Thought, Maybe Humans Aren’t the Cause of Climate Change… Mostly

By Doug Powers  •  August 25, 2011 09:11 AM

Over two months ago, Mitt Romney told a New Hampshire audience, “I believe the world is getting warmer, and I believe that humans have contributed to that.” Al Gore offered praise and polar bears rejoiced.

At some point between that early June day and now, Romney had a scientific or political epiphany that caused him to tweak his position:

He was asked about global warming at a town hall meeting in Lebanon, New Hampshire, and said he believed the world is getting hotter and humans contribute in some way to the change.

“Do I think the world’s getting hotter? Yeah, I don’t know that but I think that it is,” he said. “I don’t know if it’s mostly caused by humans.

“What I’m not willing to do is spend trillions of dollars on something I don’t know the answer to.”

It’s not an official anthropomorphic flip-flop yet because Romney’s still of the opinion that humans are causing the climate to change — it’s just a question of how much (or little). One thing’s for sure: Whether or not at some point Romney flat-out says humans aren’t the cause of climate change — or even declares himself a proud global warming denier — will directly correlate with his standing in the polls. That science is settled.

While Obama was in Alaska staring down glaciers to stave off climate change, this was going on nearby

September 3, 2015 08:58 AM by Doug Powers

obamaglacier1

China gets a better vantage point to watch Obama perform miracles

Peer-reviewed study: Obama’s mixed messages contributing to climate change, mass confusion

September 1, 2015 10:19 AM by Doug Powers

obamaclosing

Spending ensues, no matter what (and that’s the important thing)

Obama torches 20,000 gallons of gas to warn that ‘fossil fuel interests’ are conspiring against ‘clean energy’

August 24, 2015 09:10 PM by Doug Powers

solyndra-obama-3-1

Because it worked so well the first time

Head of EPA: Obama’s Clean Power Plan will hit low-income minorities hardest, but they’ll get ‘incredible savings’ by 2030

August 20, 2015 08:58 AM by Doug Powers

epa

They’re from the bloated bureaucracy and they’re here to help you save money

Dem Rep’s proof of global warming refuted using same super-scientific method

August 18, 2015 07:40 AM by Doug Powers

goreendnear

Breaking news: It’s hot in August (everybody panic)