Scroll for updates…
As the MSM whitewashes Big Labor’s ugly threats, Tea Party smears, and history of coerced dues-subsidized racketeering this Labor Day, what better way to mark the holiday than with an illustrated list of top 10 union thug moments of the year.
10. August 16, 2011, across the Northeast. Striking Communications Workers of America declare “open season” on Verizon. Dozens of cases of sabotaged cable lines are reported.
9. February 23, 2011, Washington DC. CWA union thug strikes young female FreedomWorks activist.
8. March 1, 2011, Madison, Wisconsin. Mob rule video: Unhinged crowd corners Wisconsin GOP senator shouting “F**k you,” “Shame!” AFSCME, UFCW, SEIU:
7. August 6, 2011, Boston, MA. Local IBEW 827 storms Verizon VP Bill Foshay’s neighborhood and union members scream “We’re here to fight” in front of his private residence on a weekend afternoon.
6. February 23, 2011, Washington DC. CWA protester screams at FreedomWorks staffer for being a “bad Jew!”
5. February 27, 2011, Madison WI. Union protesters exhibit Fox News Derangement Syndrome:
Tobin said he has received much heckling, and that a teacher even told him she hates him because it made her feel good. The “utter lack of civility and harassment of reporters,” as anchor Gregg Jarrett described it, is truly breathtaking and seems like a weird strategy to try and win support for one’s cause.
And yes, they threatened to break his neck.
4. February 23, 2011, Columbus, OH. Unhinged union protester fumes: “The tea party is a bunch of d**k-sucking corporate butt-lickers who want to crush the working people of this country.”
3. March 1, 2011, Denver CO. Racist SEIU supporters taunt gay black Tea Party activist and entrepreneur Leland Robinson, who criticized teachers unions at a Capitol rally, by calling him “son,” telling him to “get behind that fence where you belong,” and jeering “Do you have any children? That you claim?”
2. February 24, 2011, Providence, R.I. Rhode Island union supporter to cameraman – “I’ll f**k you in the ass, you faggot.” The eruption starts at 7:32 in this video.
1. February 23, 2011. Democrat Rep. Michael Capuano of Mass. revs up Big Labor goons (starts at 1:50 in the video): “Get a little bloody.”
Bonus AFL-CIO thug-in-chief Richard Trumka flashbacks…
September 8, 2010: Trumka praises Nancy Pelosi for taking Obamacare and driving “it down the Republicans’ throats and out their backsides.”
September 3, 2010: Big Labor’s legacy of violence — Trumka’s bloody rise to power.
Meet Eddie York. He was a workingman whose story will never scroll across Obama’s teleprompter. A nonunion contractor who operated heavy equipment, York was shot to death during a strike called by the United Mine Workers 17 years ago. Workmates who tried to come to his rescue were beaten in an ensuing melee. The head of the UMW spearheading the wave of strikes at that time? Richard Trumka. Responding to concerns about violence, he shrugged to the Virginian-Pilot in September 1993: “I’m saying if you strike a match and you put your finger in it, you’re likely to get burned.” Incendiary rhetoric, anyone?
A federal jury convicted one of Trumka’s UMW captains on conspiracy and weapons charges in York’s death. According to the Washington, D.C.-based National Legal and Policy Center, which tracks Big Labor abuse, Trumka’s legal team quickly settled a $27 million wrongful death suit filed by York’s widow just days after a judge admitted evidence in the criminal trial. An investigative report by Reader’s Digest disclosed that Trumka “did not publicly discipline or reprimand a single striker present when York was killed. In fact, all eight were helped out financially by the local.”
In Illinois, Trumka told UMW members to “kick the s**t out of every last” worker who crossed his picket lines, according to the Nashville (Ill.) News. And as the National Right to Work Foundation (pdf), the leading anti-forced unionism organization in the country, pointed out, other UMW coalfield strikes resulted in what one judge determined were “violent activities … organized, orchestrated and encouraged by the leadership of this union.”
Trumka washed off the figurative bloodstains and moved up the ranks. As AFL-CIO secretary, he notoriously refused to testify in a sordid 1999 embezzlement trial involving his labor boss brethren at the Teamsters Union. No surprise. Thugs of a feather: Trumka’s violence-promoting record echoes the riotous Teamsters strikes dating back to the 1950s, when the union organized taxicab companies to target workers with gas bombs, bottles and fists.
And now, Trumka is spearheading a Democratic Party get-out-the-vote campaign by far-left groups — publicized in the revolutionary Marxist People’s World — to “energize an army of tens of thousands who will return to their neighborhoods, churches, schools and voting booths to prevent a Republican takeover of Congress in November and begin building a new permanent coalition to fight for a progressive agenda.”
Take those as literal fighting words. The bloody consequences of compulsory unionism cannot be ignored.
Update: Aw, Jimmy Hoffa must have looked at my list and been jealous that he didn’t warrant a mention. Congrats, Jimmy. You made honorable mention for today’s performance: “‘President Obama, this is your army. We are ready to march. Let’s take these son of bitches out ‘…”blog comments powered by Disqus
May 22, 2012 03:01 PM by Michelle Malkin
May 12, 2013 10:13 AM by Michelle Malkin
September 3, 2012 08:05 AM by Michelle Malkin
November 5, 2012 10:15 AM by Michelle Malkin
June 14, 2012 12:36 PM by Michelle Malkin
Gay Patriot» Spike of Gay-Bashings in NYCcity whose mayor seeks to limit our means of self-defense
Daily Caller» Former Bush attorney general: Special prosecutor to investigate IRS a ‘lousy idea’ [VIDEO]
Daily Caller» The biggest scandal of them all: the immigration bill
Green Room» Confirmed: “GIF” is pronounced with a soft “G”
Gay Patriot» Let’s Help The Dogs of Oklahoma City!
Green Room» Breaking: The Pope is, indeed, Catholic
Daily Caller» Rubio should renounce his Gang of Eight membership
Gay Patriot» This morning’s Obama scandal news