Obama: If You Love Me You Gotta Help Me Pass This Bill

By Doug Powers  •  September 14, 2011 02:01 PM

This has to be the headline of the day:

null

From WTVD:

The company’s CEO introduced the President before his speech around 12:30 p.m.

Obama talked about his proposal to pay for the plan by raising taxes on big corporations and the wealthy, an idea that has not sat well with Republicans in Congress.

“We need to build an economy that lasts,” he said. “If you love me, you gotta help me pass this bill.”

The President should be careful. Some variation of “If you love me, you’ll _______” has preceded countless relationship terminations throughout history.

CBS News’ Mark Knoller provides the context:

null

“Pass the bill” was again repeated ad nauseum, but these days Obama is directing that less at Republicans and more toward his own party.

Gateway Pundit has the “If ya love me…” video.

A friend emailed to say that the person who yelled “I love you, Barack” was a woman who looked remarkably similar to David Axelrod.

Just to keep the mood going, here’s Elvis Presley in ’77 singing what could end up as Obama’s new campaign theme song: If you love me, let me know:

(h/t Jammie Wearing Fool)

‘Degrade and ultimately destroy’ ISIS update: JV team ‘growing like crazy’

August 30, 2015 12:03 PM by Doug Powers

obamaisis1

Time to escalate the war on climate change

With friends like these: Iran deputy foreign minister welcomes Harry Reid’s Senate filibuster intention

August 30, 2015 09:32 AM by Doug Powers

harryreid

For the filibuster before he was against it before he was for it again

Thursday open thread: Hillary talks gun control in wake of Va. shootings; Pentagon conforms ISIS threat to match WH narrative

August 27, 2015 08:37 AM by Doug Powers

hillarychillin

Just chillin’ in Opportunist-ville

EO signed by Obama in 2009 could doom Hillary’s ‘classified email’ excuses, but at least Biden is smiling

August 26, 2015 05:05 AM by Doug Powers

hillarypresser

BS alarm dies from exhaustion