A Fast and Felonious question for the president; Update: Obama reiterates “complete confidence” in Holder; Document drop: an avalanche of Holder F&F memos
President Obama will meet the press at 11am Eastern to peddle his “jobs” bill again.
Yes, I hope the reporters bombard him with questions about Solyndra, LightSquared, the green jobs racket, and the union slush funds masquerading as economic recovery.
But with so much Fast and Felonious news breaking, this is a prime opportunity to confront Obama directly with the deadly consequences of Fast and Furious.
What does the president have to say to the family of slain former Marine, police officer, and Border Patrol officer Brian Terry?
They want answers. They haven’t gotten them.
They want accountability. There has been none.
This brief statement from J-Nap in December is a pathetic effort at honoring Brian Terry.
Does Obama even know who Brian Terry is? Has he ever reached out to the Terry family directly to offer his personal condolences (as opposed to the brief note J-Nap read on his behalf at Terry’s funeral?
How about a direct explanation to the Terry family of how the Fast and Furious gun-walking racket went so awry under his watch?
Here is a video flashback of the Terry family as they paid tribute to a son, brother, and hero last December before his funeral. Be sure to watch starting at 1:47 as they address Obama and Napolitano’s lack of responsiveness:
And here was the Terry family’s advice to J-Nap: “Wake up your man in the White House…”
Fast and Felonious cost American lives. Playing Shuffle the Corruptocrats is not accountability.
Hello, Mr. President?
Update 11:40am Eastern – Obama is asked a brief question about any concerns he might have about how his administration has handled Fast and Furious. Obama reiterated his “complete confidence” in Holder.
Yep. Complete confidence is the DOJ’s ability to whitewash its culpability away. No follow-up.
From GOP Rep. Darryl Issa’s office this morning. When it rains, it pours:
Holder Received at Least Five Memos on Fast and Furious
WASHINGTON – Senator Chuck Grassley and Congressman Darrell Issa today said that Attorney General Eric Holder received at least five weekly memos beginning in July 2010, including four weeks in a row, describing the ill-advised strategy known as Operation Fast and Furious. The memos were to Holder from Michael Walther, the director of the National Drug Intelligence Center.
The Attorney General told Issa during a House Judiciary Committee in May 2011 that he had just learned of Fast and Furious a few weeks before. Yet, on January 31, in a previously scheduled meeting, Grassley personally handed him two letters about Fast and Furious. Grassley and Issa said they find it very troubling that Holder actually knew of Operation Fast and Furious much earlier, and in greater detail than he ever let on.
The memos specifically said that the straw buyers were “responsible for the purchase of 1500 firearms that were then supplied to Mexican drug trafficking cartels.”
“With the fairly detailed information that the Attorney General read, it seems the logical question for the Attorney General after reading in the memo would be “why haven’t we stopped them?” Grassley said. “And if he didn’t ask the questions, why didn’t he or somebody in his office?”
“Attorney General Holder has failed to give Congress and the American people an honest account of what he and other senior Justice Department officials knew about gunwalking and Operation Fast and Furious. The lack of candor and honesty from our nation’s chief law enforcement officials in this matter is deeply disturbing,” Issa said.
Grassley and Issa have been leading the investigation into who approved the strategy to allow guns to be purchased by known straw buyers who then often transferred the firearms to Mexican Drug Cartels.
Read the docs (what’s not redacted, that is):
Husband of presidential candidate under federal investigation met privately with US Attorney General, but no big deal
June 29, 2016 08:47 PM by Doug Powers
June 28, 2016 10:10 AM by Doug Powers
June 27, 2016 10:27 PM by Doug Powers
Taxpayer-funded astroturf: NYC Health Dept staffers encouraged to join immigration protest during work hours
June 24, 2016 09:18 PM by Doug Powers
June 24, 2016 01:52 PM by Doug Powers