Choosing Life and Beating the Odds

By Doug Powers  •  February 11, 2012 11:50 AM

Some of you might be familiar with Cassy Fiano, a writer/blogger I’ve gotten to know over the years. Cassy’s husband is in the US Marine Corps and is currently serving in Afghanistan. It’s through them that I became aware of, and have taken part in, the Project Valour-IT fundraisers (which Michelle has also been involved with).

Recently Cassy and her husband got some troubling news: Their unborn son has been diagnosed with Down syndrome. Cassy has written about it in her latest column, Choosing Life and Beating the Odds: Accepting Down Syndrome.

My wife and I have friends who have a similar story. Their son was born a couple of years ago and all I can say is they’ve never once regretted their decision (like Cassy, the alternative was never an option for them), and they can’t imagine their lives without him.

If a society is indeed judged by how it treats its most helpless, people like Cassy, her husband, friends of my family and countless others out there who choose life are reasons to remain optimistic about our future.

Of course: Dems in bed with Planned Parenthood accuse Republicans of flirting with PP’s opposition

June 8, 2016 07:51 PM by Doug Powers

obamaplanned

Classic

Dueling Headlines, ‘Obama lectures world about morality’ edition

May 27, 2016 10:20 PM by Doug Powers

obamaplanned

Flawed messengers

Your tax dollars at war (against you): Behold Planned Parenthood’s election year ‘army’

May 21, 2016 05:45 AM by Doug Powers

patton

This mission should be aborted

Planned Parenthood & NARAL wish you a happy ‘wanted motherhood’ day (open thread)

May 8, 2016 09:08 AM by Doug Powers

facepalm

Plus: Bernie Sanders calls for left-leaning version of Fox News (who wants to tell him?)

Extra crispy crazies: Planned Parenthood’s Cecile Richards raises the bar on shamelessness

April 19, 2016 11:00 AM by Doug Powers

cecilerichards

Bucket of insanity with a side of lunacy

Categories: Abortion, Feature Story, Campaign finance, Corruption, Hillary Clinton, 2016 Campaign