E-mail of the day: A daughter of Cuban immigrants tells State Farm to stand firm

By Michelle Malkin  •  April 26, 2012 10:37 AM

From reader Elena D.:

Hello,

First of all I would like to thank you for all you do.

I spoke with Phil this morning from State Farm (309) 766-9921…I think he was surprised that I was calling in support of ALEC. He was truly wonderful to speak to and said he would forward my comments to the directors. My family has already given up McDonalds, Wendys and Kraft.

I am so disappointed in the things that I see and what is happening in this country. My parents came to Miami, FL in 1961 from Cuba. They lost everything they had and were blessed to have been able to find freedom here. We see what is happening. We knew it was coming. We’ve stood in line to vote next to political prisoners from Cuba that were in tears because they knew what was coming. They, like my parents, have seen it with their own eyes. Please keep doing what you do and we will continue to do our part. Our kids deserve better.

Keep standing your ground.

Posted in: Politics

Of course: Senate Dems blocking $1.1 billion Zika bill because Planned Parenthood isn’t getting a cut

June 28, 2016 12:50 PM by Doug Powers

reidschumer

How about “no”?

Benghazi report: Military response delayed while Obama admin debated what they should wear

June 28, 2016 10:10 AM by Doug Powers

hillary

Wardrobe malfunction

Hillary shares secret to earning trust (apparently it has something to do with lying constantly)

June 27, 2016 10:27 PM by Doug Powers

hillarytrust

Leave ’em laughing

Hillary joins NYC gay pride parade blaming ‘Republican hate’ for ISIS-influenced registered Dem’s attack on Orlando club

June 27, 2016 06:31 AM by Doug Powers

republicanhate

Reality denial Hillary can believe in

Move over, ‘climate change,’ because Brexit’s already the new multi-purpose scapegoat (open thread)

June 26, 2016 11:02 AM by Doug Powers

pointing

Brexit’s already taken a “startling human toll.”