E-mail of the day: A daughter of Cuban immigrants tells State Farm to stand firm

By Michelle Malkin  •  April 26, 2012 10:37 AM

From reader Elena D.:

Hello,

First of all I would like to thank you for all you do.

I spoke with Phil this morning from State Farm (309) 766-9921…I think he was surprised that I was calling in support of ALEC. He was truly wonderful to speak to and said he would forward my comments to the directors. My family has already given up McDonalds, Wendys and Kraft.

I am so disappointed in the things that I see and what is happening in this country. My parents came to Miami, FL in 1961 from Cuba. They lost everything they had and were blessed to have been able to find freedom here. We see what is happening. We knew it was coming. We’ve stood in line to vote next to political prisoners from Cuba that were in tears because they knew what was coming. They, like my parents, have seen it with their own eyes. Please keep doing what you do and we will continue to do our part. Our kids deserve better.

Keep standing your ground.

Posted in: Politics

Bernie Sanders resorts to rooting for millionaires in desperate search for California comeback analogy

May 31, 2016 09:26 AM by Doug Powers

sandersgame

White socialists can’t jump

To your health! De Blasio cracks down on sodium, but public urination not a big deal anymore (Open thread)

May 29, 2016 09:23 AM by Doug Powers

deblasio

Whiz kid

Does the AP style book say ‘lying’ is spelled ‘misstated key facts’ when the story is about Hillary?

May 27, 2016 03:19 PM by Doug Powers

hillary

Misstating reality

Harry Reid given the retirement salute he so richly deserves, courtesy of Sen. Tom Cotton

May 26, 2016 08:40 PM by Doug Powers

wrestling

Slammed

Hillary hopes State Dept. changes procedures so future secretaries can’t hide secret servers & mass delete emails

May 25, 2016 09:36 PM by Doug Powers