Whoops: Obama refers to four-star admiral as ‘general’

By Doug Powers  •  August 24, 2012 09:52 AM

Obama continues to help pick up some of Joe Biden’s gaffe slack.

The latest:

Perhaps most seriously, however, was Obama’s slip in an interview with KSDK in St Louis, Missouri when he was asked about the new 22-minute film “Dishonorable Disclosures” by a group of former Special Forces troops and intelligence operatives.

“I won’t take this film too seriously,” he responded. “I gather that one of the producers is a birther who still doesn’t think I was born in this country.

“You’ve got one who was a candidate, a Republican candidate for office. And a proud card carrying member of the Tea Party. So this is obviously a partisan film. I’d advise that you talk to General McRaven, who’s in charge of our Special Ops. I think he has a point of view in terms of how deeply I care about what these folks do each and every day to protect our freedom.”

The difficulty with this is that William McRaven is an admiral not a general. As a SEAL, he is member of the US Navy, not US Army or US Marines.

Well, at least it’s a little better than corpse-man.

Posted in: Barack Obama,War

Peer-reviewed study: Obama’s mixed messages contributing to climate change, mass confusion

September 1, 2015 10:19 AM by Doug Powers

obamaclosing

Spending ensues, no matter what (and that’s the important thing)

Peak pandering: Ahead of Alaska visit, Obama officially renames Mt. McKinley

August 31, 2015 07:48 AM by Doug Powers

obamapoint

“The mountain has spoken”

‘Degrade and ultimately destroy’ ISIS update: JV team ‘growing like crazy’

August 30, 2015 12:03 PM by Doug Powers

obamaisis1

Time to escalate the war on climate change

With friends like these: Iran deputy foreign minister welcomes Harry Reid’s Senate filibuster intention

August 30, 2015 09:32 AM by Doug Powers

harryreid

For the filibuster before he was against it before he was for it again

Thursday open thread: Hillary talks gun control in wake of Va. shootings; Pentagon conforms ISIS threat to match WH narrative

August 27, 2015 08:37 AM by Doug Powers