The Blaze led the way earlier this week in asking whether the Obama administration was contemplating releasing 1993 WTC bombing mastermind and convicted jihadist Sheik Omar Abdel Rahman. Brilliant and ever-vigilant former federal prosecutor Andrew McCarthy — who spearheaded the successful effort to put the Blind Sheikh behind bars — shared his insights:
Former federal prosecutor Andrew McCarthy, who was the lead prosecutor in the Blind Sheikh case, told TheBlaze that he does not doubt the accuracy of the report, saying “there are very good reasons as to why it could be true.”
McCarthy explained that Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi has been calling for the release of the Blind Sheikh ever since he was elected earlier this year. He said it is a matter of “great importance” to the radical Islamists in Egypt and throughout the Middle East, adding that his transfer to Egypt would undoubtedly lead to the terrorist’s release.
“I think the plan has been to agree to the Blind Sheikh’s release, but not to announce it or have it become public until after the election. That is consistent with Obama’s pattern of trying to mollify Islamists,” he explained. “Obviously, they did not want this information to surface yet… but sometimes a situation can spin out of control.”
McCarthy also said the way the Department of Justice worded its denial may prove to be significant. The DOJ said Rahman’s “release” was not being considered, however, the question was whether or not his “transfer” to Egypt was being discussed.
Some media observers, including Blaze founder Glenn Beck’s former colleagues at Fox News, pooh-poohed the report as “garbage” because it relied on anonymous sources. (Of course, many of Fox News’s own ground-breaking national security stories related to the Embassy attacks have also relied on unidentified sources.)
The Obama administration is weighing the release of blind Sheik Omar Abdel-Rahman — the spiritual adviser to the 1993 World Trade Center bombers — in a stunning goodwill gesture toward Egypt that has touched off a political firestorm, officials said yesterday.
The Egyptian government “asked for his release,” an administration source told The Post — and Rep. Peter King (R-LI) confirmed the request is being considered.
The White House, State Department and Justice Department each issued statements denying any deal is in the works, but, “There’s no way to believe anything they say,” said Andrew McCarthy, the former assistant US attorney who prosecuted Abdel-Rahman. “I believe there may already be a nod-and-wink agreement in place.”
This is the administration whose Attorney General was a senior law partner for Gitmo detainee cheerleaders Covington and Burling.
This is the administration that endorsed the release of convicted Lockerbie bomber Abdelbaset al-Megrahi, whose terrorist act resulted in the murder of 189 Americans.
This is the administration that tried to shove Cirque du Jihad civilian trials in NYC down America’s throat.
This is the administration that suffers from chronic and deadly apologitis when it comes to dealing with the demands of the Religion of Perpetual Outrage.
This is the administration that continues to lie and blame pretextual Internet movies for its own derelection of duty.
What’s “garbage” is flippant dismissals that this dhimmi administration of jihadi appeasers would contemplate such madness. Of course, they would.
And lawmakers on Capitol Hill are right to raise hell about it now. Before it’s too late.blog comments powered by Disqus
October 24, 2014 07:06 AM by Michelle Malkin
October 5, 2014 09:36 PM by Doug Powers
October 1, 2014 07:20 AM by Michelle Malkin
September 19, 2014 06:58 AM by Michelle Malkin
September 17, 2014 06:49 AM by Michelle Malkin