**Written by Doug Powers
Here’s the latest on Benghazi as the Obama administration continues to try to sweep the larger fallout from this story back until after the election:
Fox News has learned from sources who were on the ground in Benghazi that an urgent request from the CIA annex for military back-up during the attack on the U.S. consulate and subsequent attack several hours later was denied by U.S. officials — who also told the CIA operators twice to “stand down” rather than help the ambassador’s team when shots were heard at approximately 9:40 p.m. in Benghazi on Sept. 11.
Former Navy SEAL Tyrone Woods was part of a small team who was at the CIA annex about a mile from the U.S. consulate where Ambassador Chris Stevens and his team came under attack. When he and others heard the shots fired, they informed their higher-ups at the annex to tell them what they were hearing and requested permission to go to the consulate and help out. They were told to “stand down,” according to sources familiar with the exchange. Soon after, they were again told to “stand down.”
Woods and at least two others ignored those orders and made their way to the consulate which at that point was on fire. Shots were exchanged. The rescue team from the CIA annex evacuated those who remained at the consulate and Sean Smith, who had been killed in the initial attack. They could not find the ambassador and returned to the CIA annex at about midnight.
At that point, they called again for military support and help because they were taking fire at the CIA safe house, or annex. The request was denied. There were no communications problems at the annex, according those present at the compound. The team was in constant radio contact with their headquarters. In fact, at least one member of the team was on the roof of the annex manning a heavy machine gun when mortars were fired at the CIA compound. The security officer had a laser on the target that was firing and repeatedly requested back-up support from a Spectre gunship, which is commonly used by U.S. Special Operations forces to provide support to Special Operations teams on the ground involved in intense firefights. The fighting at the CIA annex went on for more than four hours — enough time for any planes based in Sigonella Air base, just 480 miles away, to arrive. Fox News has also learned that two separate Tier One Special operations forces were told to wait, among them Delta Force operators.
The rest of that story is here.
Related: The father of Tyrone Woods, one of the former Navy SEALs killed in the Benghazi terrorist attack (who ignored orders to “stand down” to instead try to rescue others as outlined in the above story), told Glenn Beck this about his meeting with Hillary Clinton:
After apologizing for his loss, Woods said Clinton told him that the U.S. would “make sure that the person who made that film is arrested and prosecuted.”
Avenging the death of a man who as a servicemember took an oath to protect and defend the US Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic by promising to arrest a filmmaker for exercising his First Amendment rights? That sounds about right coming from an official from this administration.
Woods’ father also said that Joe Biden asked him this question: “Did your son always have balls the size of cue balls?”
More on this at Nice Deb.
Here’s video of the Fox News report on the denied request from the CIA annex in Benghazi:
Watch the latest video at video.foxnews.com
**Written by Doug Powers
Twitter @ThePowersThatBeblog comments powered by Disqus
January 20, 2014 10:50 AM by Doug Powers
Congressional report on Benghazi notes remaining Libyan sources probably finding it impossible to buy life insurance
January 16, 2014 01:57 PM by Doug Powers
January 8, 2014 12:31 PM by Doug Powers
January 5, 2014 04:00 PM by Doug Powers
January 3, 2014 11:48 AM by Michelle Malkin