Bill Clinton: Who wants a president who will knowingly lie to them?

By Doug Powers  •  November 6, 2012 12:32 PM

Just something to alleviate any Election Day tension that may be accumulating. I expected the biggest laugh in the last 48 hours of the campaign to come from Joe Biden — and it still might (the day is young) — but to fill the time, here’s Bill Clinton campaigning for Obama in Philadelphia yesterday:

“You’re laughing, but who wants a president who will knowingly, repeatedly tell you something he knows is not true?” Clinton asked, after discounting a claim in a recent Romney ad that the Obama administration’s auto bailout hurt American workers.

“When I was a kid, if I got my hand caught in the cookie jar, where it wasn’t supposed to be, I turned red in my face, and I took my hand out of the cookie jar,” Clinton added.

After the cookie jar incident Clinton had a compunction-ectomy performed at a local clinic so those pangs of conscience could never come knocking again.

Posted in: Bill Clinton

Rare sights: Halley’s Comet; Fire rainbow; Bill Clinton nearly speechless after a question

January 4, 2016 09:11 PM by Doug Powers

billclinton

Moment of pause

Russia names US as nat’l security threat, Obama admin will blame climate change (a Sunday open thread)

January 3, 2016 09:10 AM by Doug Powers

hillaryreset

Diplomatic success story!

Go figure: State Dept unable to find emails from Hillary’s private server tech who took the 5th

December 11, 2015 09:29 PM by Doug Powers

drebin1

STILL nothing to see here

Clinton Foundation refiles years worth of taxes ‘in the interest of transparency’ (but only after they got busted)

November 17, 2015 11:57 AM by Doug Powers

billhill

Millions and millions in foreign donations previously undisclosed

How Dems fight terrorism: Hillary by raking in Wall Street donations, Bernie by battling climate change (a Sunday open thread)

November 15, 2015 10:13 AM by Doug Powers

debate4

Is it hot in here or are they crazy?