Bill Clinton: Who wants a president who will knowingly lie to them?

By Doug Powers  •  November 6, 2012 12:32 PM

Just something to alleviate any Election Day tension that may be accumulating. I expected the biggest laugh in the last 48 hours of the campaign to come from Joe Biden — and it still might (the day is young) — but to fill the time, here’s Bill Clinton campaigning for Obama in Philadelphia yesterday:

“You’re laughing, but who wants a president who will knowingly, repeatedly tell you something he knows is not true?” Clinton asked, after discounting a claim in a recent Romney ad that the Obama administration’s auto bailout hurt American workers.

“When I was a kid, if I got my hand caught in the cookie jar, where it wasn’t supposed to be, I turned red in my face, and I took my hand out of the cookie jar,” Clinton added.

After the cookie jar incident Clinton had a compunction-ectomy performed at a local clinic so those pangs of conscience could never come knocking again.

Posted in: Bill Clinton

Clinton Foundation refiles years worth of taxes ‘in the interest of transparency’ (but only after they got busted)

November 17, 2015 11:57 AM by Doug Powers

Millions and millions in foreign donations previously undisclosed

How Dems fight terrorism: Hillary by raking in Wall Street donations, Bernie by battling climate change (a Sunday open thread)

November 15, 2015 10:13 AM by Doug Powers

Is it hot in here or are they crazy?

Go figure II: Exxon stopped fueling the Clinton Foundation around the time Hillary called for its investigation

November 3, 2015 01:49 PM by Doug Powers

Quintessentially Clinton

Go figure: Clinton Foundation donations up during Hillary’s run

November 2, 2015 05:17 AM by Doug Powers

They love it when a plan comes together

Tech firm gives ‘cloud’ backup of Hillary’s (aka Val the bartender) email to FBI

October 6, 2015 08:53 PM by Doug Powers