Obama 4 years after being elected and 1 month after being re-elected: America is poised to take off

By Doug Powers  •  December 4, 2012 08:00 PM

According to President Obama, America’s economy is ready to take off. Well, as soon as Joe Biden gets done de-icing the plane with liquid nitrogen, somebody figures out how to power the engines with stimulus-funded batteries and the people up in first class are forced to pay their fair share, that is.

In an interview with Bloomberg’s Julianna Goldman, President Barack Obama stated, “I think America is poised to take off.” The main obstacle, in Obama’s mind, however, is political dysfunction.

“We’re seeing pretty strong consumer confidence, despite weaknesses in Europe and even in Asia. I think America is poised to take off. And the question is, let’s make sure that we don’t have a self-inflicted wound, because there are a lot of silly games played up on Capitol Hill,” Obama told Goldman.

And of course we can’t have a successful and safe takeoff if we don’t get the ceiling out of the way.

(h/t Twitchy)

‘Degrade and ultimately destroy’ ISIS update: JV team ‘growing like crazy’

August 30, 2015 12:03 PM by Doug Powers

obamaisis1

Time to escalate the war on climate change

With friends like these: Iran deputy foreign minister welcomes Harry Reid’s Senate filibuster intention

August 30, 2015 09:32 AM by Doug Powers

harryreid

For the filibuster before he was against it before he was for it again

Thursday open thread: Hillary talks gun control in wake of Va. shootings; Pentagon conforms ISIS threat to match WH narrative

August 27, 2015 08:37 AM by Doug Powers

hillarychillin

Just chillin’ in Opportunist-ville

EO signed by Obama in 2009 could doom Hillary’s ‘classified email’ excuses, but at least Biden is smiling

August 26, 2015 05:05 AM by Doug Powers

hillarypresser

BS alarm dies from exhaustion