**Written by Doug Powers
A 5-year-old girl was suspended from school earlier this week after she made what the school called a “terrorist threat.”
Her weapon of choice? A small, Hello Kitty automatic bubble blower.
The kindergartner, who attends Mount Carmel Area Elementary School in Pennsylvania, caught administrators’ attention after suggesting she and a classmate should shoot each other with bubbles.
“I think people know how harmless a bubble is. It doesn’t hurt,” said Robin Ficker, an attorney for the girl’s family. According to Ficker, the girl, whose identity has not been released, didn’t even have the bubble gun toy with her at school.
The kindergartner was ordered to undergo a psychological evaluation during her 10-day suspension, which was later reduced to two days. The evaluation deemed the girl normal and not a threat to others, Ficker said.
The girl’s family is considering a lawsuit against the school to get the blemish – all because of bubbles – off their daughter’s record.
“The mother has tried to get the girl in another school since this time, and they won’t take the little girl because of this mark on her record,” Ficker said.
The girl’s lucky they don’t make orange jumpsuits that small, but maybe they will as soon as somebody decides to open a Baby Gitmo in every town.
They psych evaluation found the child to be normal and well adjusted — or at least she was until this happened:
“All I know,” said the mother, “is what my daughter has told me and she said she was told she could go to jail, which is a very traumatic thing for a 5-year-old to live with.”
I’m guessing school administrators probably also reminded her about the “no fly list” thing.
The charge has since been downgraded from “terrorist threat” to “threat to harm others.”
The wrong people are having their heads examined:
**Written by Doug Powers
Twitter @ThePowersThatBeblog comments powered by Disqus
School offers counseling for traumatized students who saw classmate chew breakfast pastry into shape of gun
March 5, 2013 05:15 PM by Doug Powers
Rampage: Boston Marathon suspects ID’d on scanner as “Mike Mulugeta” and “Sunil Tripathi” in late-night crime spree, gunfight, chase; Update: suspects are reportedly foreign military-trained brothers from Chechnya; surviving suspect ID’ed as “Dzhokhar A. Tsarnaev”; Update: 2nd suspect in custody — taken alive
April 19, 2013 04:17 AM by Michelle Malkin
March 15, 2013 11:00 AM by Michelle Malkin
December 17, 2012 09:13 PM by Doug Powers
April 24, 2013 09:31 AM by Michelle Malkin