Barbara Boxer tries to launch Hillary's 2016 campaign at Benghazi hearing

By Doug Powers  •  January 23, 2013 04:09 PM

If Hillary Clinton decides to run in 2016, she more than likely had a brush with her future national campaign chair at today’s Senate Foreign Relations Committee hearing on Benghazi:

In a remarkably rambling performance, Democratic Senator Barbara Boxer of California more or less kicked off the Hillary 2016 presidential campaign — “You will be sorely missed, but I, for one, hope not for too long”

Nice. “Secretary Clinton, we’re here examining your department’s role in the terrorist attack murders of four Americans, and there’s something I must ask you: Will you please run for president?

That might have been enough of a jolt to detoxify Joe for a little while.

null
Sen. Boxer, pictured above, asked Hillary Clinton tough questions regarding the House Republicans’ refusal to provide adequate funding for State Department security and suggested she do something about it by running for president in 2016

With friends like these: Iran deputy foreign minister welcomes Harry Reid’s Senate filibuster intention

August 30, 2015 09:32 AM by Doug Powers

harryreid

For the filibuster before he was against it before he was for it again

Lincoln Chafee dooms candidacy after reminding DNC crowd he’s been scandal-free for 30 years

August 28, 2015 04:28 PM by Doug Powers

noyoudidnt

Final nail in campaign coffin driven

Latest CMP video: Stem Express CEO proves that baby organ trafficking can be a laughing matter

August 25, 2015 11:37 AM by Doug Powers

stemexpress1

50 livers a week or bust.

Total coincidence: Biden meets with Fauxcahontas; Hillary interrupts Hamptons vacation to campaign (Sunday open thread)

August 23, 2015 08:29 AM by Doug Powers

hillarybiden

Game change?

Categories: 2016 Campaign, Barack Obama, Corruption, Democrats, Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden