Obama's SOTU: Nothing I’m proposing tonight should increase our deficit by a single dime

By Doug Powers  •  February 13, 2013 02:12 PM

Proposals for 29 new government programs that will not increase the deficit at all? It’s a miracle!

From CNS News:

President Barack Obama said in his State of the Union Address on Tuesday night that nothing he was proposing in the speech would “increase our deficit by a single dime.” He then proposed at least 29 new government programs.

“Tonight, I’ll lay out additional proposals that are fully paid for and fully consistent with the budget framework both parties agreed to just 18 months ago,” said Obama. “Let me repeat: Nothing I’m proposing tonight should increase our deficit by a single dime.”

We’ve heard it before, and Obama is right — in the most literal way possible. Those proposals, and others, haven’t increased deficits or the national debt one single dime, as the RNC was quick to remind everyone:

(h/t RightNewz)

Thursday open thread: Hillary talks gun control in wake of Va. shootings; Pentagon conforms ISIS threat to match WH narrative

August 27, 2015 08:37 AM by Doug Powers

hillarychillin

Just chillin’ in Opportunist-ville

EO signed by Obama in 2009 could doom Hillary’s ‘classified email’ excuses, but at least Biden is smiling

August 26, 2015 05:05 AM by Doug Powers

hillarypresser

BS alarm dies from exhaustion

Obama torches 20,000 gallons of gas to warn that ‘fossil fuel interests’ are conspiring against ‘clean energy’

August 24, 2015 09:10 PM by Doug Powers

solyndra-obama-3-1

Because it worked so well the first time

Total coincidence: Biden meets with Fauxcahontas; Hillary interrupts Hamptons vacation to campaign (Sunday open thread)

August 23, 2015 08:29 AM by Doug Powers

hillarybiden

Game change?

Categories: 2016 Campaign, Barack Obama, Corruption, Democrats, Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden