House Oversight Committee subpoenas Benghazi documents; Judiciary Committee to investigate whether Holder lied under oath
**Written by Doug Powers
It’s a two-fer Tuesday!
The letter and subpoena gives sets a deadline of Friday, June 7, 2013, for Secretary Kerry to provide all documents and communications referring or relating to the Benghazi talking points, to or from the following current and former State Department personnel:
1. William Burns, Deputy Secretary of State;
2. Elizabeth Dibble, Principle Deputy Assistant Secretary for Near Eastern Affairs;
3. Beth Jones, Acting Assistant Secretary for Near Eastern Affairs;
4. Patrick Kennedy, Under Secretary for Management;
5. Cheryl Mills, Counselor and Chief of Staff to former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton;
6. Thomas Nides, Deputy Secretary for Management;
7. Victoria Nuland, Spokesperson;
8. Philippe Reines, Deputy Assistant Secretary;
9. Jake Sullivan, Director of Policy Planning; and,
10. David Adams, Assistant Secretary for State for Legislative Affairs.
From The Hill:
The panel is looking at a statement Holder made during a back and forth with Rep. Hank Johnson (D-Ga.) about whether the DOJ could prosecute reporters under the Espionage Act of 1917.
“In regard to potential prosecution of the press for the disclosure of material — this is not something I’ve ever been involved in, heard of, or would think would be wise policy,” Holder said during the hearing.
However, NBC News reported last week that Holder personally approved a search warrant that labeled Fox News chief Washington correspondent James Rosen a co-conspirator in a national security leaks case.
The panel is investigating whether NBC’s report contradicts Holder’s claim that he had not looked into or been involved with a possible prosecution of the press in a leaks case.
What? The Republicans don’t have any faith in how Holder’s investigation of himself might play out?
Breaking: Eric Holder arrests self in DOJ sting; releases self after forgetting to read self Miranda rights
— David Burge (@iowahawkblog) May 28, 2013
Stand by for historic levels of
**Written by Doug Powers
Twitter @ThePowersThatBeblog comments powered by Disqus
Dem Sen. Gillibrand opposing Trump’s nomination of Gen. James Mattis for SecDef (what’s ‘obstruction’ called when Dems try it?)
December 2, 2016 02:34 PM by Doug Powers
September 20, 2016 09:00 AM by Doug Powers
August 15, 2016 09:18 PM by Doug Powers
Yosemite Nat’l Park hosts climate change lecture from Smoggy the Bear; Vin Scully not feeling the Bern (Open thread)
June 19, 2016 09:14 AM by Doug Powers
April 13, 2016 07:59 AM by Doug Powers