House Oversight Committee subpoenas Benghazi documents; Judiciary Committee to investigate whether Holder lied under oath
**Written by Doug Powers
It’s a two-fer Tuesday!
The letter and subpoena gives sets a deadline of Friday, June 7, 2013, for Secretary Kerry to provide all documents and communications referring or relating to the Benghazi talking points, to or from the following current and former State Department personnel:
1. William Burns, Deputy Secretary of State;
2. Elizabeth Dibble, Principle Deputy Assistant Secretary for Near Eastern Affairs;
3. Beth Jones, Acting Assistant Secretary for Near Eastern Affairs;
4. Patrick Kennedy, Under Secretary for Management;
5. Cheryl Mills, Counselor and Chief of Staff to former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton;
6. Thomas Nides, Deputy Secretary for Management;
7. Victoria Nuland, Spokesperson;
8. Philippe Reines, Deputy Assistant Secretary;
9. Jake Sullivan, Director of Policy Planning; and,
10. David Adams, Assistant Secretary for State for Legislative Affairs.
From The Hill:
The panel is looking at a statement Holder made during a back and forth with Rep. Hank Johnson (D-Ga.) about whether the DOJ could prosecute reporters under the Espionage Act of 1917.
“In regard to potential prosecution of the press for the disclosure of material — this is not something I’ve ever been involved in, heard of, or would think would be wise policy,” Holder said during the hearing.
However, NBC News reported last week that Holder personally approved a search warrant that labeled Fox News chief Washington correspondent James Rosen a co-conspirator in a national security leaks case.
The panel is investigating whether NBC’s report contradicts Holder’s claim that he had not looked into or been involved with a possible prosecution of the press in a leaks case.
What? The Republicans don’t have any faith in how Holder’s investigation of himself might play out?
Breaking: Eric Holder arrests self in DOJ sting; releases self after forgetting to read self Miranda rights
— David Burge (@iowahawkblog) May 28, 2013
Stand by for historic levels of
**Written by Doug Powers
November 24, 2015 09:49 AM by Doug Powers
Obama to Pentagon: Hurry up with an excuse for why I told everybody ISIS was contained when it obviously wasn’t
November 23, 2015 07:49 PM by Doug Powers
November 18, 2015 08:00 AM by Doug Powers
John Kerry: No rationale for terrorist attack in Paris because nobody published an offensive cartoon like Charlie Hebdo
November 17, 2015 03:47 PM by Doug Powers
November 16, 2015 09:04 PM by Doug Powers