Dem Congressman at IRS hearing: You conservatives asked for it by applying for non-profit status

By Doug Powers  •  June 4, 2013 07:48 PM

At Tuesday’s House Ways and Means Committee hearing on the IRS scandal, when Rep. Jim McDermott (D-elusional) blamed the victims, I couldn’t help but think of Al Cervik from Caddyshack:

null
“Hey, you scratched my anchor!”

Here’s McDermott’s “you brought this on yourselves, and in the process put a stain on a very fine agency” moment of shamelessness:

To me that smacks of a Scooby Doo ending: “And they would have gotten away with it if it weren’t for you darned Tea Party groups!”

Rep. Paul Ryan’s response to McDermott got cheers from some of those in the audience.

By the way, the Democrats have been grumbling ever since the conservative groups/IRS story came out a while back, claiming that liberal groups were also targeted by the IRS when George W. Bush was in office. Because of that claim, Democrats were invited to have people from those organizations testify at the hearing, but the Dems were unable to produce a single witness.

(h/t Twitchy)

With friends like these: Iran deputy foreign minister welcomes Harry Reid’s Senate filibuster intention

August 30, 2015 09:32 AM by Doug Powers

harryreid

For the filibuster before he was against it before he was for it again

Lincoln Chafee dooms candidacy after reminding DNC crowd he’s been scandal-free for 30 years

August 28, 2015 04:28 PM by Doug Powers

noyoudidnt

Final nail in campaign coffin driven

Latest CMP video: Stem Express CEO proves that baby organ trafficking can be a laughing matter

August 25, 2015 11:37 AM by Doug Powers

stemexpress1

50 livers a week or bust.

Total coincidence: Biden meets with Fauxcahontas; Hillary interrupts Hamptons vacation to campaign (Sunday open thread)

August 23, 2015 08:29 AM by Doug Powers

hillarybiden

Game change?

Categories: 2016 Campaign, Barack Obama, Corruption, Democrats, Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden