Harry Reid: I’ll accept the Zimmerman verdict because I believe in the system, but I sure hope the Justice Department gets involved now

By Doug Powers  •  July 14, 2013 03:57 PM

Sen. Harry Reid was on Meet the Press this morning, and naturally he was asked about last night’s Zimmerman verdict:

“I am a trial lawyer and have [brought] over 100 cases to a jury. I don’t always agree with what the jury does but that’s the system and I support the system.”

After that bit of support for “the system,” Reid said “this isn’t over with”:

He added, “I think the Justice Department is going to take a look at this. This isn’t over with and I think that’s good. That’s our system, it’s gotten better, not worse.”

The same Justice Department that had a staffer in Florida during the trial urging action against Zimmerman? Sure, that’ll be a real fair proceeding.

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Lincoln Chafee dooms candidacy after reminding DNC crowd he’s been scandal-free for 30 years

August 28, 2015 04:28 PM by Doug Powers

noyoudidnt

Final nail in campaign coffin driven

Latest CMP video: Stem Express CEO proves that baby organ trafficking can be a laughing matter

August 25, 2015 11:37 AM by Doug Powers

stemexpress1

50 livers a week or bust.

Total coincidence: Biden meets with Fauxcahontas; Hillary interrupts Hamptons vacation to campaign (Sunday open thread)

August 23, 2015 08:29 AM by Doug Powers

hillarybiden

Game change?

The pantsuit of shamelessness: Hillary now blaming State Dept’s ‘ridiculous classification rules’

August 21, 2015 02:34 PM by Doug Powers

hillarypresser

Attempting to wipe the past clean with a cloth