**Written by Doug Powers
Did anybody really think the MSM wouldn’t be more than helpful in spinning any result into a huge victory for the Obama administration and the Dems?
From the AP:
Beating expectations, President Barack Obama’s health care overhaul was on track to sign up more than 7 million Americans for health insurance on deadline day Monday, government officials told The Associated Press.
The 7 million target, thought to be out of reach by most experts, was in sight on a day that saw surging consumer interest as well as vexing computer glitches that slowed sign-ups on the HealthCare.gov website.
Two government officials confirmed the milestone, speaking on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter ahead of an official announcement.
I don’t think the AP was this excited when Apollo 11 landed on the moon. When’s the ticker-tape parade in New York City? We can make the confetti out of all the documentation for the enrollment claim the media isn’t demanding to see. Verify, shmerify!
Buried in the story, the AP hits on some info the administration isn’t sharing:
The administration hasn’t said how many of the 6 million people nationally who had signed up before the weekend ultimately closed the deal by paying their first month’s premiums. Also unknown is how many were previously uninsured — the real test of Obama’s health care overhaul. In addition, the law expands coverage for low-income people through Medicaid, but only about half the states have agreed to implement that option.
So the press knows nothing about how many of those millions have paid or how many had to sign up because they lost their previous insurance because of Obamacare, but it’s being reported as a “milestone” nonetheless. That sounds about right.
This afternoon, President Obama is expected to spike the ball after hitting a number the White House originally denied was their goal:
Now, the goal of 7 million has been met! The goal the WH made, denied making and is now taking credit for. http://t.co/IcLqS4WioC
— Katie Pavlich (@KatiePavlich) April 1, 2014
And can somebody please congratulate Kathleen Sebelius on being wise enough to know that people like her over 30-year-old sons get their news and call to action from Funny or Die?
In an interview with Huffington Post Live on Monday, U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius said they definitely saw a “Galifianakis bump” in enrollment traffic after the president appeared on the show.
“The website traffic surged once the ‘Between Two Ferns’ interview went on,” Sebelius said on the show. Later, she added, “As a mother of two 30-something sons, I know they’re more likely to get their information on Funny or Die than they are on network TV.”
Funny or Die and network TV news, while often synonymous, are still slightly more reliable sources for factual information than the HHS and White House.
Speaking of network TV news, they really earned some “roll over and play dead” points from the White House last night.
**Written by Doug Powers
February 20, 2015 12:56 PM by Doug Powers
February 12, 2015 05:14 PM by Doug Powers
January 6, 2015 11:53 AM by Doug Powers
January 5, 2015 02:29 PM by Doug Powers
December 30, 2014 11:28 PM by Michelle Malkin