**Written by Doug Powers
Darrell Issa said that he has seen a classified State Department email which shows that one of the White House’s first responses to the Benghazi attack was to call… YouTube.
What did the White House expect YouTube to do? Launch a salvo of “Charlie Bit My Finger” and “Double Rainbow” towards Libya? No, but equally ineffective, the White House asked YouTube to pull the video “The Innocence of Muslims” which had been the source of protests elsewhere in the region.
Issa’s claim is confirmed by a “senior White House official” in this story:
The memo suggests that even as the attack was still underway — and before the CIA began the process of compiling talking points on its analysis of what happened — the White House believed it was in retaliation for a controversial video.
The subject line of the e-mail, which was sent at 9:11 p.m. Eastern Time on the night of the attack, is “Update on Response to actions – Libya.” The e-mail was written hours before the attack was over.
Issa has asked the White House to declassify and release the document. In the meantime he has inserted a sentence from the e-mail in the Congressional Record.
“White House is reaching out to U-Tube [sic] to advice ramification of the posting of the Pastor Jon video,” the e-mail reads, according to Issa.
Asked about the document, a senior White House official told ABC News it demonstrates that the White House genuinely believed the video sparked the attack all along, a belief that turned out to be incorrect.
Assume for a moment that the Obama administration or somebody in intel did really believe the video sparked an attack in Benghazi that was already underway when the White House called YouTube. That seems a little like a fire department’s first response to save people trapped in a five-alarm blaze caused by suspected arson being to call Bic and ask them to suspend sales of lighters.
By the way, just over two weeks after the Benghazi attack, the person who made the video was arrested. To my knowledge, he is the only person remotely connected in any way to any administration scandal to have even been “brought to justice.”
Fast-forward to this week: Democrats, after talk of boycotting the upcoming Benghazi hearings, decided to participate, reportedly after some prodding from a concerned Team Hillary looking for friendlies to have her back on the committee. 2016 hangs in the balance, and I can’t help but wonder how many promises of cushy gigs in a Hillary Clinton administration are being made to any Dems who help prevent anybody from getting to the bottom of Benghazi.
**Written by Doug Powers
July 6, 2015 11:29 PM by Doug Powers
May 22, 2015 05:21 AM by Doug Powers
April 21, 2015 07:58 AM by Doug Powers
The Crusade continues: Obama defers further criticism of ‘less than loving’ Christians for another day
April 7, 2015 11:58 AM by Doug Powers
February 22, 2015 09:54 AM by Doug Powers